PART. 17

As Y/n dialed Hoseok's number, her heart raced with anxiety. After a few rings, Hoseok picked up.

"Y/n? Is everything okay?" Hoseok's voice was laced with concern.

"Oppa, I need your help," Y/n said, her voice trembling slightly.

Hoseok's tone grew more serious. "What's going on? Are you alone?"

Y/n hesitated for a moment, glancing over at Jungkook who stood beside her. "No, Jungkook is here with me."

There was a brief pause before Hoseok spoke again, his voice filled with concern. "Are you safe? Do you need me to come right away?"

Y/n felt a pang of guilt at the worry in Hoseok's voice. "No, no, I'm okay. Just need a ride home."

Hoseok let out a relieved sigh. "Alright, Y/n. I'll come and pick you up. Just stay where you are, okay? I'll be there soon."

"Okay, Oppa," Y/n replied, feeling grateful for Hoseok's reassurance. "Thank you."

As the tension eased, Jungkook turned to Y/n with a concerned expression. "Hey, are you okay? What happened?"

Y/n took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing heart. "It's nothing, just a weird moment back there at the bus stop."

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed with worry. "Weird how?"

Y/n hesitated for a moment before explaining, "I don't know, it's hard to explain. I just got this strange feeling like someone was following me, and then my ring..."

"Your ring?" Jungkook prompted, leaning in closer.

Y/n's eyes widened slightly as she realized she had almost spilled the secret. "Uh, never mind. It's not important."

Jungkook studied her for a moment, clearly sensing that she was hiding something, but he didn't press further. "Well, I'm just glad you're okay now."

"Yeah," Y/n agreed, and when she glanced on her ring it was back to normal, relieved that the topic had been swiftly diverted. "Thanks, Jungkook. I'm glad you were here."

"Jungkook, how did you find me?" Y/n asked, curiosity evident in her voice.

Jungkook gestured towards the bookstore nearby. "I was at the shop over there," he replied, pointing towards the direction. "I saw you walking past, and then a little further, I noticed you had fallen."

Y/n nodded, feeling a mix of gratitude and embarrassment. "Oh, I see. Thank you for coming to help me."

Jungkook smiled reassuringly. "Of course, Y/n. I'm just glad I could be there when you needed someone."

Y/n smiled back, feeling a warmth spreading through her chest at Jungkook's words.

After a brief, tension-filled pause, Jungkook gathered his courage and stammered out his request, his words stumbling over each other in his nervousness.

"Um, Y/n," he began, his voice shaky with uncertainty. "I-I was thinking, maybe... Could I, uh, get your contact info?"

Y/n's heart skipped a beat at the unexpected question, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as she processed his words. "Oh! Um, yeah, sure," she replied, her own voice equally uncertain. "I-I'll give it to you."

As the reality of their exchange sank in, Y/n realized with a start that they hadn't actually exchanged any information yet, a realization that only added to the awkwardness of the moment.

After their awkward exchange, Y/n's phone suddenly rang, causing her to jump in surprise. She quickly checked the caller ID and saw that it was her brother calling.