PART. 37

Recap:

"Yn! Oh, thank goodness you're safe!" she exclaimed, enveloping her daughter in a tight embrace.

Yn returned the embrace, her own eyes glistening with unshed tears as she reassured her mother.

"I'm okay, Mom. We're all okay," she whispered, her words a soothing balm to her mother's frayed nerves. Breaking the hug, Yn avoided her mother's gaze, her mind still reeling from the night's events.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook stepped forward, his voice gentle yet firm. "We should probably head out. Our parents must be worried."

Jennie nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it's getting late. Thank you for everything, Yn."

Jisoo gave Yn a quick hug. "Stay safe, okay? We'll figure out what's happening."

Rosé smiled softly, trying to lighten the mood. "We'll see each other soon. Take care, Yn."

Yn nodded, her eyes flickering with gratitude. "Thank you, all of you. Be careful on your way home."

As they bid their goodbyes, the gravity of their situation lingered in the air. One by one, Jungkook, Jennie, Jisoo, and Rosé departed, each casting a final, worried glance at Yn.

Yn's mother gently guided her into the living room. "Come, sit down. You need to rest."

Yn sank into the couch, exhaustion finally catching up with her. "Mom, there's so much I need to ask you."

Her mother sat beside her, concern etched into her features. "We have time, Yn. Right now, all that matters is that you're safe."

Yn nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "I know, Mom. I know."

After a few moments, Yn stood and walked into the kitchen, pouring herself a glass of water. She took a few sips, trying to calm her racing thoughts. Setting the glass down, she turned to face her mother, determination hardening her features.

"Why?" Yn asked, her voice steady but filled with underlying tension.

Her mother looked at her, confused. "What do you mean, Yn? Why what?"

"Why did you hide something so important from me?" Yn's voice rose slightly, the frustration evident.

Hoseok, who had been watching the exchange, understood what Yn was referring to. He stepped forward, trying to mediate. "Yn, it was our mother's wish."

Yn's eyes flashed with anger, but she took a deep breath, struggling to maintain her composure. "Why didn't anyone tell me? I had a right to know!"

Hoseok sighed, the weight of the secret heavy on his shoulders. "We thought it was for the best. We wanted to protect you."

"Protect me?" Yn's voice cracked, a mixture of hurt and betrayal surfacing. "How could keeping me in the dark protect me?"

Her mother reached out, her eyes filled with regret. "Yn, we never meant to hurt you. We just wanted to keep you safe."

Yn turned away, her hands trembling as she tried to process the information. "Safe from what? I deserve to know the truth."

Hoseok stepped closer, his voice gentle. "There are things about our family, about you, that we didn't fully understand ourselves. We were scared, Yn."

Yn looked at her brother, her eyes searching his for answers. "Scared of what?"

"Scared of the power within you," Hoseok admitted. "We didn't know how to control it, how to help you."

Tears welled up in Yn's eyes, but she blinked them away. "I needed you, all of you, to trust me. To tell me the truth."

Her mother stepped forward, wrapping her arms around Yn. "We're sorry, Yn. We should have trusted you more."

Yn nodded, her anger slowly dissolving into a sense of weary acceptance. "I understand why you did it, but from now on, I need to be part of this. No more secrets."

Hoseok placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "No more secrets. We're in this together."

As the family embraced, a newfound sense of unity and understanding blossomed between them. They knew that whatever challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, armed with the truth and their unbreakable bond.

As the supportive conversation continued, Hoseok couldn’t help but address the burning questions that had been plaguing him. "Yn, about your room... When we found it, it was a disaster. And then you disappeared. What happened?"

Yn's brow furrowed in confusion. "My room? It was clean when I left it. Last night, I decided to wash up and come out, but then... something strange happened."

Her mother and Hoseok exchanged worried glances. "What do you mean, something strange?" her mother asked gently.

Yn took a deep breath, trying to piece together the surreal events. "The pendant.... it started to shine very brightly. So bright that I couldn't see anything. And then, suddenly, I was in a completely different place."

The room fell silent as everyone listened intently. Yn continued, her voice steady but tinged with the memory of fear. "At first, it was very dark. I could barely see my own hands. Then a figure, cloaked in shadows, appeared. I asked him about my past, desperate for answers. He responded by questioning if I was worthy of the truth and told me I had to prove myself."

"Prove yourself how?" Hoseok asked, his voice tense with concern.

Yn sighed, remembering the harrowing trial. "A monster emerged from the darkness. I had no weapon, nothing to defend myself with. I fought with everything I had, but I was losing. I thought I was going to die... but then, something inside me awakened."

Her eyes met Hoseok's, filled with a mix of awe and determination. "A sword appeared in my hand, glowing with the same light as the pendant. I fought back with newfound strength and managed to defeat the monster."

The room was silent, everyone absorbing the gravity of Yn's experience. Hoseok leaned forward, curiosity and concern etched on his face. "And then? What did the figure say after you won?"

Yn looked around at her family, the people she trusted most in the world, and took a deep breath. "He told me about an incident centuries ago. A great darkness once threatened to take over the world, but two goddesses, Althea and Athena, fought back and managed to seal it away. They knew, however, that the darkness would break free again in the future. To prepare for this, they passed their powers to a worthy person, someone who would be able to stand against the darkness when it returned. That person... is me."

Hoseok's eyes widened, and he leaned closer. "The goddesses chose you?"

Yn nodded. "Yes. They saw something in me that made me worthy of their power."

Her mother reached out, her voice trembling. "Yn, this is incredible and terrifying all at once. But you don't have to face this alone."

Hoseok placed a reassuring hand on Yn's shoulder. "We'll help you, Yn. No matter what it takes, we'll be by your side."

Yn felt a surge of gratitude and determination. "Thank you. Knowing I have you all with me makes this a little less daunting."

The room fell into a thoughtful silence, the weight of Yn's revelation settling over them like a heavy blanket, binding them even closer in their shared fate.

Finally, Hoseok broke the silence, his voice filled with a newfound resolve. "No matter what lies ahead, we'll face it together. No more secrets, Yn. We're in this together."

Yn nodded, her heart swelling with a mixture of relief and determination. "Together."

And as they sat in the warmth of their home, united by the truth and their unbreakable bond, they knew that whatever challenges lay ahead, they would face them as a family, ready to protect the legacy that had been entrusted to them.