PART. 39

Recap

Taking a deep breath, Jungkook began to pour out his heart, his words tumbling forth in a torrent of emotion. "I-I've liked you for so long, Yn," he confessed, his voice trembling with raw emotion. "Ever since we first met, I've been drawn to you in ways I couldn't understand. Your laughter is like music to my ears, and your smile lights up even the darkest of days. I-I love you."

♡___________________________________♡

Yn stared at him, her eyes wide with shock. "H-Huh?" she uttered, unable to fully process what she was hearing.

Seeing her stunned expression, Jungkook's confidence wavered. Panic set in as he feared rejection. "I-I mean, it's okay if you don't feel the same," he stammered, his voice filled with nerves. "T-Take your time, really."

Yn, still in a daze and not entirely in her right mind, nodded absently. "O-Okay," she mumbled, though her heart was screaming that she loved him too.

An awkward silence settled between them. Jungkook chuckled nervously, breaking the tension. "Y-You should get inside now," he said, his voice still shaky. "Sleep tight, Yn."

Yn nodded again, offering a small, distracted smile before retreating back into her house. She climbed the stairs to her room, her mind spinning with the confession she had just heard.

Once in her room, she closed the door behind her and leaned against it, sliding down to the floor. Her heart pounded in her chest like a hammer, each beat echoing through her entire being.

Yn's frustration boiled over as she berated herself, each word dripping with self-loathing. "Stupid, idiotic, moronic," she muttered venomously, her voice muffled by her hands as she buried her face in them. "Why the hell couldn't I just spit it out? Why did I have to freeze up like a goddamn popsicle? I'm such a worthless piece of-"

Her tirade was interrupted by a knock on her bedroom door. Yn froze, startled, and quickly wiped away her tears, trying to compose herself.

"Yn, are you okay in there?" her mom's concerned voice called from the other side.

Yn took a deep breath, trying to steady her trembling voice. "Y-Yeah, Mom, I'm fine. Just... just need a moment."

She cursed herself for not seizing the moment, for letting fear and doubt hold her back. But as the initial shock wore off, a different emotion began to bubble up inside her. A warmth spread through her cheeks as she recalled Jungkook's heartfelt confession.

"He loves me," she whispered, the realization sinking in. "J-Jungkook loves me."

A soft squeak escaped her lips as her heart danced with joy. Despite the awkwardness and her own self-doubt, she couldn't help but feel a surge of happiness and hope. She knew that despite her stumbling, she would have another chance to tell Jungkook how she felt. And when that moment came, she swore to herself that she wouldn't let it slip away.

Yn couldn't contain her excitement as she jumped onto her bed and grabbed her phone. Without hesitation, she dialed Jennie's number, her heart racing with anticipation.

On the other end, Jennie whimpered in her sleep, but the ringing phone jolted her awake. With bleary eyes, she fumbled for her phone and saw Yn's name flashing on the screen. Instantly alert, she sat up straight and answered the call.

"Yn? What's wrong?" Jennie asked, her voice laced with concern.

But instead of a distressing answer, all she heard was Yn's high-pitched squeaking. Confusion furrowed Jennie's brow as she listened to Yn's excited ramblings.