The return

Misty

"We need you to sit down before we explain a few things to you," Elias said before guiding me to the couch to sit.

Nash sat beside me while Matthew, Elias, and Valentine stood before me.

"So, how can we explain this?" Elias asked, glancing between Matthew and Valentine before looking at me. "Your spirits reincarnated into new people."

I raised my brow. "What?"

"You were reborn into a new version of yourself."

I stared at Elias before laughing a lot. "Good one, Elias."

"Nana, it's true," Matthew said.

My laughter died in my throat as my eyes widened. "What?"

Valentine sat on the coffee table in front of me. "We researched reincarnation and spoke to several people about it. It explained Tino's and my nephew's behaviors. It made the most sense to us."

"But how is this possible?"

"We don't know." Valentine shook his head. "But there's a reason you and the others are getting a second chance. I wish I could give you more of an answer. But I can't."

I glanced between everyone, not knowing what to say.

Matthew took a seat beside Valentine. "Nana, we understand you want to be called Maggie. But it's better if people call you Misty. Most people won't understand your or others' return."

I looked at Matthew and Valentine. "Fine. But you can't get mad if I call you by your given name." I closed one eye and wiggled my finger at them.

"I wouldn't expect anything less." Matthew smiled.

I glanced at Nora before looking at Matthew and smirked. "At least you got your head out of your ass about Nora."

Matthew rolled his eyes as everyone laughed. "Yes, I did."

I stood up as the others followed suit. "I need to head home and reflect on this new development in my life." I hurried from the house before anyone hunted me down.

It's not that I didn't enjoy seeing the family, but I was still miffed at Nash for the bullshit he pulled on me. I walked quickly to my house from next door.

"Mags!"

Scratched that. I ran to my house as footsteps thumped against the cement. I almost reached it until someone tackled me to the ground and flipped me on my back while they sat on me and pinned my wrists above my head.

"Do you mind?" I huffed.

"Why are you running from me?" Tino asked.

"Because I haven't forgiven you yet, tool."

"You forgave me years ago and married me. We had five crazy ass kids."

"That was then. This is now. Did you think I would roll over and bow to your every whim?"

"No. But it doesn't mean we can't have what we had before."

"Then you'll need to work for it. That starts with you getting off of me."

"What if I don't want to get off of you? I like this view of you." Tino smirked.