Always the first date

Out of all the song selections given, I found one that caught my attention. Always by Atlantic Star.

Tino

Uncle Romeo set up a simple date for Misty and me in my backyard with a table, chairs, and twinkling lights. He set up battery-operated candles on the table and transformed the backyard into a romantic spot for us. For dinner, Uncle Gabe made seafood pasta, a tossed salad, and garlic bread. Uncle Rafe provided cupcakes for dessert.

I wore a pair of black jeans, a navy shirt, and low-cut black shoes, keeping it casual. I knocked on Misty's front door and waited. When she opened it, I pulled out a bouquet of red roses and handed them to you.

"You got me flowers?" Misty took the flowers from me and raised her brow.

"All girls deserve flowers from their suitors."

Misty's lips curled into a breathtaking smile before she inhaled the scent. "Thank you. They're beautiful."

"Ready?"

Misty nodded and set the flowers down inside before walking with me. "So, where are you taking me?"

"You'll see."

We walked to the gate. I opened it and let her go first.

She stopped when she saw the backyard. "Oh, my God."

"Do you like it?"

Misty glanced at me with the biggest smile ever. "I love it."

"I figure our first date should be memorable."

Misty nodded in agreement. I held up my arm to her. She wrapped her hand around it as I led her to the table. I pulled out her chair for her. Once she sat down, I took my seat.

A few minutes later, my dad brought out two plates of food for us. My mom carried a bread basket and the salad. After setting the items down, they returned to the house. Next, music started playing softly.

Misty glanced around and giggled. "I'm guessing you had help with everything."

"I called in reinforcements." I smiled before digging into my food.

"Better than your cousins." Misty snickered while eating.

"My uncles chained them inside so they didn't crash our date."

Misty laughed.

We enjoyed our food and talked.

"Misty, I know a lot of mistakes with us in the past life. I'm hoping to change that."

"Then why would you date other girls when you knew who I was?"

"It's hard to explain."

"Try."

"I always felt drawn to you with flashes of memories. But it was like I was in a fog. It wasn't until my dad told me the truth that memories slammed into me like a truck. After that, I ended things with any girl who wasn't you."

"Wait. What? But Trina said."

"Trina was lying. I ended things with her right after my dad told me the truth. And honestly, we didn't even have a relationship. I tried to stop it before anything happened. But I didn't have enough strength to fight."

"Valentino was battling with you for control."

I nodded. "Mags, I only wanted you."

Misty looked at me. "I know, Nash. I'm just sorry that everything was so confusing for me."

"You don't need to apologize. It's a new life that we're navigating now. But it's you that I have ever wanted." My steel grey eyes met her blue ones.

Misty nodded in agreement. "So, what will we do about the two thorns in our sides?"