Chaos at the festival

Misty

You would think life would resume to normal when people think you're dead. Nope. It gets insane.

I figured Trina opened her big mouth about our return from the afterlife. I miscalculated my theory because she was dumb as a box of rocks and kept pursuing Tino. What is her obsession with my boyfriend?

The cousins took exception and tied her to the school flagpole in her panties and flew her A-cup on the flagpole. It seems Trina exaggerated about her cup size to people. Tino confirmed it since he had the unfortunate pleasure of hooking up with the skank. That earned him hot sauce in his boxer briefs.

I'm not responsible for my actions when my boyfriend acts like a certifiable tool. Did he forget who raised me this time? Of course, my dad laughed and high-fived me. I love having a loving and supportive dad.

We arrived at the festival and paid for our wrist bracelets to ride the rides. I dragged Tino to the Ferris wheel and got on. He tensed in his seat when the guy closed and latched the door. It got worse as we started moving.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of heights," I said.

"I don't treasure plunging to my death." Tino glanced over the side before snapping his eyes shut.

"Isn't it ironic that heights terrify you instead of me?"

"Things have changed."

I giggled as we went around a few times before getting off the ride. Tino didn't hesitate to bust his ass to get off the ride. I casually strolled toward him without a care in the world.

"Why do you look like you saw a ghost?" Ryan asked Tino.

"We just rode the Ferris wheel," Tino said.

"When did you become terrified of heights?" River asked.

"When Misty dragged me into a death trap."

"The Ferris wheel isn't that bad," Preston said.

"Yes, it is." Tino turned and walked away.

"What's wrong with Tino?" Michael asked.

The cousins shrugged as I hurried after Tino. Something was up with Tino, and I planned to get to the bottom of it.

*******
Valentino

I walked as far away from that death trap as I could.

Misty caught up with me and grabbed my arm to stop me from walking. "Tino, what's wrong?"

"I don't need a reminder of dying. Once was enough."

Misty knitted her brows in concern.

I rubbed my face in frustration before dropping my hands to my waist. "Mags, I died once. It was hell trying to return to you. I don't want to leave you again."

"But you didn't, Nash. We reunited in the afterlife and now. That has to account for something."

"It does, but it's still a reminder that I left you behind." I lowered my gaze and shook my head. "I hated leaving you behind because I had to wait for you."

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you. But I wanted to hang around a little longer. I can wield a mean frying pan when I want to." Misty smirked.

I raised my brow before shaking my head and scoffing.

Misty stepped toward me and took my hands in hers. "Can we stop pouting about the past and have some fun?"

"I suppose."