Cool your jets

Misty

I dragged Tino to my bedroom and pushed him to sit on my bed. Have you ever tried to make a guy who towers over to sit on your bed? Luckily, Tino accommodated me, so I didn't have to exert much energy.

"Okay, so the windows and electricity exploding just happened," I joked, trying to ease the tension.

Tino knitted his brows and stared at me.

"Okay, new tactic." I tapped my hand in my palm. "I got it. You can pick what we do on Friday." I thrust my finger at him and smiled.

Tino's brows lifted in surprise. "You want to hang out on Friday."

"Well, you did say I had plans with you on Friday. We don't want to make a liar out of you. So, we won't." I gave Tino a reassuring smile.

"Okay. Did you want to go to the bakery?"

"We always go to the bakery." I waved Tino off.

"But we can eat while we're there."

"True." I pointed at him. "But we need to stay busy so Banks doesn't suspect you lied to him."

"Isn't that defeating the purpose of cheering me up?"

"I didn't say it was to cheer you up. It's to keep your temper in check and keep you honest. You do remember the truth, don't you?"

Tino rolled his eyes. "Yes, I remember the truth. Does this mean you're giving me a chance?"

"Cool your jets, buddy."

Tino blew air past his lips and rubbed his head. "Fine."

I sat beside Tino on the bed. "What happened out there?"

Tino looked at me. "Banks pissed me off."

"Granted, Banks is a certifiable idiot who needs a breath mint, but something else angered you. What was it?"

"Truth?"

"It would be nice."

"I don't like how Banks looks at you. It reminds me of Bryson."

I looked at Tino, knowing what he meant. Bryson was my crush who tried to demolish me and almost killed our kids.

"I don't like Banks. Something isn't right with him."

"Well, you can relax. I have no interest in Banks. He gives me the heebie jeebies." I shuddered.

"Did you just say heebie jeebies?" Tino teased me.

I gave Tino a playful shove. "Shut up. And yes, I did."

Tino chuckled before looking at me. "I'm sorry, Misty."

"About what?" I raised my brow.

"Trina and the other girls I dated."

We looked at each other, knowing Nash was trying to rectify his lapse in judgment.

"I don't want to get my heart broken."

"Fair point."

"But I need time." I bumped my shoulder with Tino's.

Tino's lips curved into a crooked smile.

It would take time, but eventually, we would find our way to each other.

*******
Valentino

At least Misty didn't shoot me down entirely. She was giving me an inch. I'll take it. Now that I know I have a chance to win her heart.

We heard a knock on the bedroom door. Misty got up and answered it. My dad and West were standing in the doorway.

"Is everything okay in here?" West asked.