Drunken antics redux, part 2

Valentino

Thanks to Misty not holding her liquor, we alerted my parents. Ma and Dad walked into the living room and stopped while my cousins bolted from the kitchen through the patio door. I saw the top of their heads pass the kitchen window. Chickenshits.

"What's going on here?" My dad asked, walking toward me.

"Misty's drunk," I said.

My ma did a double take. "What?"

"We found her and Kass at a house party. Misty was dancing on a table, taking a swan dive from it."

My dad rubbed his face before dropping his hands to his waist. "Take Misty upstairs to the bathroom. Your ma will take care of her."

I nodded and carried Misty upstairs with Ma trailing me. I hauled her to the bathroom and left so Ma could clean her up. Then I grabbed a shower and changed my clothes. I didn't enjoy smelling like vomit.

After changing, I found my dad sitting on the couch downstairs. I plopped down in a chair. "I took a shower while Ma was taking care of Misty."

"You didn't drink tonight, did you?" My dad asked.

"No, Dad. My cousins and I only arrived at the party to find Misty and Kass. We don't know why they were there since Misty and I had plans this evening."

"That doesn't sound like something Misty and Kass would do." Dad shook his head in disbelief.

The front door opened, and Preston entered before shutting the door. "I know why Misty and Kass went to that party."

I sat forward. "Why?"

"Kass said Ryan called Misty and claimed River was drunk."

"But River was with Ryan, you, and Michael."

"Tino, Ryan never called Misty. He doesn't have her number."

My dad and I exchanged glances.

"What else did Kass say?" My dad asked.

"Some guy offered Misty and her a drink. Then, I refused them until the guy said it was pop. Misty sniffed it but didn't smell anything off. She drank three cups of pop, Uncle Val," Preston said.

Dad shot to his feet. "Get your Aunt Bailey and tell her to come here."

Preston nodded before leaving. Dad and I ran upstairs to check on Misty. While Dad tried to rouse Misty, he had Ma brew coffee. Aunt Bailey arrived with Uncle Marty and Michael. She examined Misty before pulling a vial and a syringe from her bag. She pulled medicine into the needle before inserting it into Misty's arm and pushing the plunger down.

We waited a few minutes before Misty rolled over to the side of the bed and puked. Dad grabbed the trash can and placed it under Misty's face. She grabbed the sides and heaved until she expelled the contents of her stomach. Then Aunt Bailey gave Misty activated charcoal to absorb the residual alcohol.

"How is she, Bailey?" Dad asked.

Aunt Bailey looked at my dad with furrowed brows. "Misty needs medical attention. It looks like she has alcohol poisoning."

"I'll call an ambulance," Uncle Marty said, dialing 911.

What the hell happened tonight?

*******
Valentine

I called West before the ambulance arrived. He arrived within a few minutes after hanging up with him. He checked on Misty and questioned us. Tino and Preston answered his questions.