Mother nature is a bitch

Misty

Why does Mother Nature like to toy with us? Has anyone ever asked that question? The weather was decent until November 1 hit, then it all went downhill and turned bitching cold. I miss the warm days of summer.

I burrowed into my covers, trying to get warm until someone shoved me over. I poked my head at Tino, who was crawling under my covers. "Tino!"

Tino snuggled under the covers and pressed his body against mine. "It's freaking cold, Misty."

"It's November 1. Of course, it's cold. Are you daft?"

"I want to snuggle my girlfriend. So sue me." Tino snuggled in closer to me.

I sighed.

My door opened, and my dad entered. "What's going on here?" He folded his arms and gestured at Tino and me.

"I was sleeping until Tino became a bedhog," I grumbled.

"Hopefully, you're both wearing clothes. I would hate to hurt Tino and explain to Val why."

"Yes, Dad. I doubt Tino wants you to introduce him to copperheads."

"That's good. Now you can come downstairs and cuddle under the blankets where I can see you." That wasn't a request but a demand.

I groaned and climbed out of bed. Tino sighed and climbed out of bed. Luckily, he took off his shoes, or I would hurt him. Dad showed Tino out of my room while I used the bathroom. It's not like Tino and I could do anything with our parents home. We're not that dumb.

After using the bathroom, I shuffled downstairs and found Tino covered in a blanket on my couch. He lifted it and nodded for me to join him, so I did. It's not my fault my dad likes to keep the house at sixty-nine degrees.

I curled into Tino as he wrapped his arms around me. "What do you want to do today?"

"I'm good with hanging out underneath blankets with you," Tino said.

"We can't be lazy bums."

"I see no issue with being a bum."

"I do!" My dad yelled from the kitchen. "I could find you things to do!"

"No thanks! Tino promised me a treat!" I yelled back.

Tino raised his brow as I smiled before he rolled his eyes. "You need to get dressed if you want a treat."

My dad leaned on the back of the couch and looked down at us. "Not until you eat breakfast."

"Well, yeah," I said.

"And Tino better not have roaming hands." My dad raised his brow and pointed at Tino.

Tino rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Come on, bums. Breakfast is ready." My dad returned to the kitchen.

We flung the covers from us and treaded to the kitchen table. Tino and I sat beside each other while my dad sat beside me at the head of the table. The front door opened and closed. Alana walked into the kitchen and joined us.

"What took you so long?" My dad asked her.

"It's not like your house is a hop, skip, and jump away. I had to drive here," Alana said.