Drunken antics redux

Misty

Black Friday falls the day after Thanksgiving, and everyone gets deals on items. So essentially, we spend one day being thankful, and the next, forget about the previous day. I avoided the stores like the plague.

Tino and I planned to hang out until my phone rang with an unknown number appearing on the screen. "Hello?"

Oh, Misty, thank God.

"Ryan? Why are you calling me?"

Michael and I need your help.

"Shouldn't you call your idiot sidekicks Tino and Preston?"

Is that any way to speak about the love of your life? What kind of girlfriend are you?

"The honest kind." I shrugged since it was true.

It's better if you don't tell Tino and Preston. Tino would tell Uncle Val. And Preston would make asinine comments.

"Okay. I'll regret my next question. What do you need my help with?"

River, Michael, and I followed Aiden and Diego to a party so we could get them on video and used it as evidence to blackmail their stupid asses.

"Why would you want to blackmail Aiden and Diego?"

Why not? Did you forget who we are?

"Unfortunately, no. You and your idiot cousins remind me every single day."

Then, use your brain.

"Do you want me to hang up and call Tino?"

No! Don't hang up!

"Then get to the point. I'm growing older by the minute."

River is drunk.

"Wait. Did I hear you correctly? Did you say River is drunk?"

Yes.

"How the hell did he get drunk?"

River grabbed a red solo cup, thinking it was a punch. He wasn't expecting someone to spike it.

"You're at a party with alcohol without parental supervision. What did you expect?"

I expected Michael to get tanked.

"You lack faith in Michael."

Give it time. He'll prove me right one day.

"Fine. Give me the address."

Ryan rattled off the address. I ended the call and called my trusty sidekick Kass. I'll bring a friend if the cousins want to drag me into their mess. I need an alibi for my dad and Val. I won't even consider Rafe since it won't end well for any of us if he finds out about River.

Since Tino would spot my car if it left the driveway, I met Kass on the next street over and climbed into her car.

"Why did you have me meet you on the next street?" Kass asked.

"Tino will spot my car missing. Preston will see us together in your car. It will be a big mess."

"Why would Ryan, River, and Michael attend a party? Would anyone realize they're missing?"

"You can never tell with the cousins what their brains concoct."

Kass shook her head and drove to the address that Ryan gave me. Now, here is the problem. I should have listened to my gut instinct about something off with this situation. But I didn't, and it would land me in a mess.