important - please read

I do not glorify self harm.

Sure, self harm is a way of coping and sometimes even might be the thing that prevents worse. From own experience. But, also from own experience: It is a very destructive thing to do. It just makes things worse, destroys you inside. I know in most cases you can't "just stop", it is hard, very hard. I am not here to glorify it, neither to make people feel guilty.

This book is a way of coping throughout my recovery.
I've always been impressed by people who could process and express their emotions through poetry, so I tried it myself and I finally like it's okay/good enough to share - if it's bad I can still learn and tbh, I have to learn making mistakes without being severely ashamed.

Some of the content might be triggering. Obviously the topic of the whole book is self harm, but some poems will discuss more details. Some lines will be hopeless thoughts, some will talk about suicide and some might even imply methods.
At the end of nearly every chapter will be a paragraph (or more) about background information if existing or how it does get better. Mental illnesses make you believe there isn't any way out and as I am trying to recover, I acknowledge these thoughts but try to refute them, as it isn't true. So when poems include the lies of my depression etc. I won't let them seem like the truth.
I won't just share positive things, neither just the negative.

Which leads to the next point: This is my personal story. My experiences will differ from yours or those of other people. Just because something helped me and doesn't do it for you doesn't make either of us wrong. Maybe your story is completely different and that is fine.

The title of poems is "☆ title ☆", chapters without the stars are something else. In the end (if you scroll down the contents) are a few chapters with skills, reasons to stay clean and stuff like that.

I hope these poems help you, maybe give you hope, maybe make you feel understood. I know how it feels to struggle when nobody notices, I know how it feels to wonder if anyone out there ever felt the same and if it's possible to get out of that place again.
I'm here, I understand your struggle and I hear you. You're not alone in this.

I hope you have as much fun reading these poems as it's possible regarding a topic like this. And as said previously, I hope they somehow help you as much as they help me.

I don't publish these for votes, but of course it makes me happy to see the notifications. So if you like a particular poem very much, please vote or even comment on the reasons. I don't take commissions, but if you enjoy reading specific lines, like the style of one poem or are interested in a certain topic, please tell me and maybe I'll write something more about in the future!