PART 6: WHY, JUST WHY?

Sanemi's eyes widen upon hearing the master's words.

"What...?" He said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Shinazugawa and Tomioka? I mean, the two have been creating chaos since the past few days... "
Tengen teased.

"Seriously, Uzui? It's all Tomioka, I ain't got anything to do with it!"
Sanemi snapped.

"Ah, may I remind you, you all are in a meeting..." Kagaya said in his clear and gentle voice.

"Master, Tomioka's been following me, annoying me. I don't know why he doesn't mind his own business and-"
Sanemi was interrupted by Kagaya.

"Shh... Sanemi, I was the one who told him to be friends with you, wasn't I? If you remember, the last meeting with you two... I told you that I didn't want any fights to take place? I don't think being friends with him is so bad, is it?"

Sanemi sighed.
"Yes master..." He said, his voice still uninterested.

Am I... That bad? I mean, I'm only doing this to keep master happy but... Is being friends with me, so bad?
Giyuu's thoughts occupied his mind completely.

"I want you to put some efforts in your friendship. You two... I don't want to see you fighting anywhere. As for the other Hashiras, the least you all can do is to keep an eye on them, and inform me if they engage in any more fights. It'd be of great help."

Kagaya told them a few more things, but Sanemi's mind was completely occupied by a single thought.

Why... Just, why?

_______________________________________

After the meeting was over, they all were to go to their respective mansions.

"We'll keep an eye on you, incase you guys just start to kiss!" Tengen laughed.

"Very funny." Sanemi stormed off.

Tengen watched Sanemi walk away angrily.

"He really can't take a joke, can he?"
He looked at Obanai.

"It's his nature..."
Obanai shrugged.

Giyuu's eyes followed Sanemi as he walked away, disappearing into a distance.

I'll have to work hard...
He took a deep breath.

"What's on your mind, Tomioka-San?"
Shinobu asked.

"Nothing at the moment..."
Giyuu walked off.

"I wonder what'll happen..."
Shinobu sighed.

_______________________________________

A few days had passed.

Giyuu was walking back to his estate after a fierce mission. He wasn't alert enough and ended up getting himself attacked, not once or twice, but thrice.

The weather was really windy and cloudy, as if it were to rain soon.

His mansion was still very far away, and he felt like he could pass out any moment if he weren't to rest anytime soon.

He was close to Sanemi's estate.

As he walked passed the Wind Hashira's estate, he remembered the last time he met Sanemi, and how he stormed off at the thought of being friends with him.

Giyuu felt a cold water droplet fall on his nose. He looked up at the sky, which was overcast with dark clouds.
It started pouring eventually.

His vision was blurred. He could feel severe pain as his head felt really heavy. Giyuu groaned lightly before he coughed out blood.

His eyes widened at the sight of blood on his palm. More blood spurted out as he coughed. He could hardly see anything at this point. It started to rain very heavily. It was extremely windy too.
Giyuu was so tired, he couldn't feel or move his body anymore. He looked at the cloudy sky one last time before he fell on the ground with a thud. The rainwater drenched him from head to toe.

Sanemi was in his estate.

"What was that noise?" He questioned, as he walked out of his mansion.

Couldn't be a demon in the day, ofcourse...
He took a deep breath in.

He stepped out into the rain, his expression darkening as he saw Giyuu collapsed on the ground. Despite the rain pouring down on him, he approached him quickly and kneeled down beside him.

"Tomioka!? What the fuck happened to you?" He asked, his voice filled with strong emotions.

Giyuu didn't open his eyes. Sanemi's voice softened as he saw how badly hurt Giyuu was.

"Oi, Tomioka, you hear me? Damn get a fucking grip on yourself!"
He sighed.

Giyuu struggled a little, but could say a few words to him before he lost all his energy.
"Sh-Shinazugawa-San... I'm not... feeling well..."

Sanemi's face turned pale at Giyuu's weak voice. He frowned a little, before quickly scooping him up in his arms.

"Tch! Stay with me, fucking idiot."

?😎
<) )>
| \_ wassup y'all?

_______________________________________