PART 26: JUST A GAME...?

"You ready Tomioka?"
Sanemi smirked.

It was the next day, the two were training together.

"Here I go!"
Sanemi dashed forward with his wooden sword.

Giyuu held his wooden sword in a firm grip, holding it out as it clashed with Sanemi's sword.

Sanemi's movements were quick and precise as he lunged towards Giyuu, his eyes glinting with a fierce determination.
"I won't hold back, Tomioka!"
He shouted as he swung his sword in a wide arc.

Giyuu took a deep breath as he dodged his attack.

Sanemi's fierce expression faltered slightly, replaced by a hint of admiration.
"Not bad, Tomioka. But don't think I'll go easy on you!"

He charged forward again, his sword flashing in the sunlight as he struck.
Giyuu slid down, aiming to hit Sanemi from the back.

Sensing his move, Sanemi suddenly shifted his stance, spinning around to face Giyuu.

"Did you think you could sneak up on me, Tomioka?"
He taunted, his sword slicing through the air as he defended against the attack.

Giyuu smiled, jumping up and dodging Sanemi's upcoming attack.

Sanemi's eyes narrowed, a hint of excitement in his voice.
"You think you're fast, Tomioka?"

He jumped into the air as well, their swords clashing in mid-air.
"Bring it on!"

As Giyuu landed back, he found Sanemi running towards him for another attack.

He held his wooden sword out to defend himself, backing up a bit.
Without noticing a rock near his feet, he tripped.

Seeing him trip, Sanemi quickly adjusted his attack, aiming his sword downwards as he brought it crashing down onto Giyuu's. But just before the contact was made, he realized that he was going too fast and couldn't stop in time.
"Fuck!"

Sanemi fell on top of Giyuu.

Giyuu grunted out.
"Shinazugawa-San..."

"Ow...."
Sanemi panted, his chest heaving against Giyuu's.

As soon as Giyuu noticed their positions, a small blush creeped on his cheeks. Sanemi shifted to get off of him, pausing as he was on his fours.
Giyuu looked at him as he blushed, his breathing heavy.

Sanemi's face was only inches away from his, their eyes locked. He could feel the heat radiating off of Giyuu's body, causing his breath to hitch in his throat.

Giyuu's blush deepened, he looked away in embarrassment.

Sanemi's expression softened at his embarrassment, his gaze lingering on Giyuu's face before he too broke eye contact.

"We... we should get up now."
He said, slowly pushing himself off of Giyuu and offering a hand to help him up.

Giyuu took his hand, slowly getting up.

Sanemi's hand lingered on Giyuu's for a moment, his thumb brushing against his skin in a gentle caress before he withdrawed.
"Let's take a break."
He suggested, turning to walk away from Giyuu.