PART 37: WAKING UP!

As soon as Giyuu reached his place, he closed the door behind him.

That's when he noticed Sanemi's note on the floor.

He picked it up, reading the text on it just made his heart hurt more.

"He's alive... He's alive... He's alive..."
He kept muttering, his heart pounding inside of his chest.

Don't cry... Giyuu.
He'd remind himself from time to time.

He kept the note inside his pocket, before his eyes widened as realisation hit him, a deep blush spreading on his cheeks.

"D-Did he hear me when I told him that I loved him...?"
He rubbed the back of his neck, walking to his bedroom slowly, his mind completely occupied with the thoughts of Sanemi.

I want to hug you again, tell you that I love you... I want you to wrap your arms around me, just how you always did... I'm sorry for being too late...
Giyuu's heart started racing as he thought about Sanemi.

"I'll go see him next morning..."
He muttered out.

"You're back, Giyuu...?"
Kanzaburou flew to Giyuu.

Giyuu patted his little head.

"Yeah."

He closed the bedroom door behind him, walking to his bed.

He sighed softly as he fell on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He rolled over, burrying his face into the pillow as he imagined Sanemi's state right now.

He'll be okay, he'll be okay...

"Don't think about it much, Giyuu. He will be fine."

"I really hope so too, Kanzaburou."

___________________________________________

It was very early in the morning.

The sunrays were harsh, filling up the whole Butterfly Mansion with bright light.

"Kocho-San... Is Shinazugawa-San alright?"
Tanjiro asked, standing behind Shinobu.

"Yes he is, he's sleeping. Did something happen?"
Shinobu turned around to face him..

"No, I just wanted to ask if I could see him..."
Tanjiro said, his voice filled with concern.

Though he did not like Sanemi much, his heart ached at the thought of Sanemi going through so much.

He couldn't believe that Sanemi could ever be in such a state, always thinking that he was a strong guy with a very strong will power.

Shinobu's eyes widened at first, but she smiled, patting Tanjiro's head.

"I understand your concern for him, but you'll have to be very quiet. Just do not make noise around him, he's not in a good condition right now."
She said, concern etched over her face.

"I'll be very quiet."
Tanjiro smiled back at her.

Shinobu nodded, her expression unwavering.

"I'll come with you... I need to check if he's doing alright as well. I should be there for him just in case he needs some help."

Tanjiro nodded, the two walking over to Sanemi's bed.

He was still sleeping, his expression calm.

Shinobu stared at him, his chest rising and falling. She smiled at the sight of him breathing now.

Tanjiro stepped closer.

"Shinazugawa-San..."
He whispered, staring at Sanemi with a mixed feeling of uneasiness and concern.