PART 9: FULLY RECOVERED

An hour later.

Giyuu was in deep sleep. Sanemi opened the door to check on him,  walking in slowly.

He quietly walked over to Giyuu's side and leaned down, gently brushing a stray hair out of his face and watching him breathe.

"You better get better soon." He said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Giyuu held the hand Sanemi used to brush his hair off, nuzzling against it. He was still asleep.

Sanemi swallowed hard, his face turning a shade of pink. He looked away, trying to compose himself before gently squeezing Giyuu's hand in return.

Why the hell are you like this, Tomioka... so annoying!
He thought.

"Mmh... "
Giyuu tossed a little on the bed, before fluttering his eyes open.

Sanemi quickly let go of his hand and took a step back, his face turning even redder. He cleared his throat.

"You're awake..."
He said.

"Sh... Shinazugawa-San..."
Giyuu sneezed.

"I feel cold..."

Sanemi looked at him with worry, his previous annoyance gone.

"You must've caught a cold or something..."

He moved closer and tucked Giyuu back into bed, placing a hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

"You need to rest more and get better. Got it?"

"I'm fine... Really-"
Giyuu was interrupted.

"Don't give me that shit, you idiot! I don't want to see you get any worse. Stay in bed and rest."

Sanemi's tone was stern, but his face still held some worry and concern.
He paused for a while.

"...You hungry? I'll go get something for you..."

"I'm not hungry..."
Giyuu looked at him, his gaze falling to his own hands. He sighed.

"Shinazugawa-San..."

"...What?"

"I apologise for being such a burden to you... But can I ask you for something...?"

Sanemi looked at Giyuu, puzzled.

"...What is it?"

"Could you stay here, with me for some time?"

Sanemi's eyes widened at the sudden request, but he didn't question it.

"Fine, whatever..."
He sat at the corner of the bed, stretching his arms.

Giyuu looked at Sanemi.

"I wanted to tell you something..."

"Spit it out..."

"About... Me visiting you a lot of times... Do you think we can..."
Giyuu paused.

"...Ever be friends...?"
He asked, hope in his eyes.

Sanemi looked at Giyuu, his face almost tired and frustrated with the topic.

"You're annoying as fuck, you know that?"

"Oh... "
Giyuu looked down.

Sanemi watched Giyuu's sudden change in tone. He'd usually not care about Giyuu's feelings, it meant nothing to him, afterall. But somehow, he just wanted to keep Giyuu happy and smiling. He liked it when he smiled, which was a very rare scenario.

"I guess, we can... If you stopped being this gloomy and annoying... You look like you cry every morning before you go outside."
Sanemi said with frustration.