PART 10: APPRECIATION AND GRATITUDE

Many days had passed by after that incident.

Giyuu was shocked as Sanemi was genuinely being nice to him for a while.
It wasn't long before when they got sent to a mission together.

___________________________________________

It was the middle of the night in a secluded village. A cool breeze blew, rustling the leaves of the trees.
Fast footsteps could be heard, they just got faster and faster.
Sanemi took a deep breath in, his gaze lingering on Giyuu.

"You ready?"

Giyuu nodded in response.

The two ran fast trying to keep up with a Demon.

The Demon, turning back, realised he was being chased, he broke through the window of a small house, inside which screams could be heard.

"FUCK!"
Sanemi ran faster, trying to keep up. Giyuu followed up, behind him.

The Demon had a young, sleeping toddler, in his hand. He looked at the two Hashiras, panicking and trying to run faster than ever before.

"ICHIRO! NO!"
The mother, crying with fear, pleaded the demon to let go of her young child.

"STOP RUNNING, YOU BASTARD!"
Sanemi ran after the Demon, who jumped up high on the roof of a house.

Giyuu ran fast, trying to keep up with Sanemi, both running alongside each other.

Sanemi studied the Demon's actions, and knew for sure that he was about to throw the child off the roof.

His voice was loud and clear, piercing through the air.

"Tomioka! Save that boy, I'll look after the Demon!"
He leapt up, high in the air as he landed on the roof.

Giyuu nodded, his expression, a complicated mix of calmness and anxiousness. He ran after the little boy in hurry.

The Demon, now frightened, did exactly what Sanemi had anticipated.

Giyuu leapt up, catching the boy in the middle of the air, taking him to his parents as Sanemi took care of the Demon.

"Wind Breathing, Eighth Form: Primary Gale Slash!"
Sanemi leapt up, into the air, swinging his blade which generated torrents of wind, slicing up the demon almost immediately.

Giyuu looked at him, his expression relaxed.

As the dust settled and the adrenaline faded, Sanemi's chest heaved with exertion. He watched Giyuu take the boy to safety, his face relaxing a bit.

Damn demons, causing chaos wherever they fucking go...
He thought.

"Thank you so much for saving my son, we'll never forget this act of yours!"
The woman told Giyuu, almost crying with the fear of losing her child.

"It's nothing, so do not worry about it."
Giyuu replied, trying to seem calm about the situation.

"I will always pray for you, for such kindness, for putting your own life at risk and saving us. You're so young!"
She said.

"I really hope you have a great future ahead of you, and an amazing married life!"
She bowed in front of him.

Giyuu bowed back, his expression that of calmness. He acted as if her words didn't have any impact on him, but they triggered the slightest blush that creeped on his cheeks.

Hearing the exchange between Giyuu and the relieved woman, Sanemi rolled his eyes but a rare smile tugged at the corners of his mouth.

As Giyuu returned to him, breathing a bit more steadily, he nodded.