PART 41: FEELING EACH OTHER'S HEARTBEAT.

It was the next morning.

The weather was really pleasant, exactly like Sanemi's mood. He woke up early, taking a bath and having his breakfast.

As soon as Shinobu walked out of the room with the dishes, he sat on the bed, staring into blank space as he thought about Giyuu.

I can't wait to see Tomioka...
He smiled at his own thoughts.

"Just... Just what would his reaction be?"
His smile widened as he imagined Giyuu hugging him again.

Chuckling to himself a little, he finally stood up. His heart was racing when he even thought about confessing his feelings to Giyuu.

I-I'll be fine, really... Just calm down.
He would tell himself.

He looked around himself one last time to check if Shinobu's there. He didn't want her to catch him leaving.
He knew he had agreed on staying in the Mansion for the upcoming day as well.

He took a deep breath in.

"Guess it's time to go..."
He muttered softly, walking up to the front door.

Tomioka... Just- just how would you react? I just hope you don't tell me that you hate me...
Wait. What if he did say that!? No, no, I can't... I need to think positive. Calm down, Sanemi... I need to tell him how I really feel! I can't keep lying to him this way!

He shook his head, letting out a deep sigh as he looked at the door.

As soon as he opened it to walk out, Shinobu stopped him.

"Where are you going, Shinazugawa-San?"
She stared at him for a while before sighing softly.

Shit...

"You want to go out again? I told you that you could go wherever you want tomorrow-"

"Don't worry about me, Kocho... I'm really fine."
He looked at her, his voice reassuring.

"...And thanks, for taking care of me all this while."
He smiled, his voice softer than before.

Shinobu stared into his eyes, concern etched over her features.
"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am."
He smiled at her once again.

Shinobu smiled back, stepping closer and taking in the sight of Sanemi walking, talking and working again.
"Take care of yourself now... Okay?"

Sanemi gave her a quick nod before he stepped out.
"I'll be off."

He didn't look back when he left, but his ears remained attuned to Shinobu's soft voice calling out to him.

"Take care, Shinazugawa-San!"

He looked at the sky, which was pretty clear. The weather was slowly getting a bit cooler too.

The weather is amazing today... Exactly like Tomioka...
A faint smile played on his lips as he walked to Giyuu's Estate.

___________________________________________

Giyuu was in his bedroom, looking out of the window as he thought of Sanemi.

"Ne, Kanzaburou... Do you think he'll be here to take me? Or should I go see him?"
He asked.

"Just wait till he arrives, Giyuu... Don't be so impatient and restless."

Giyuu let out a low grunt as he stretched his arms.

"Just how do I make him remember the past!"
He sat on the bed, hugging his pillow as he thought about the ways he could do it. Unable to think of any, he burried his face in the pillow, grunting softly.