PART 7: I'LL BE FINE...

Sanemi picked Giyuu up, and slid open his front door, walking in.

He quickly stepped in with Giyuu in his arms, moving quickly to the bedroom, placing him down on the bed gently.

"Goddamnit, Tomioka! What the fuck were you thinking? You could've died!"
His voice cracked with worry and anger, as he tried to check his injuries.

He found a big bleeding wound on his leg, and he quickly went to bring a few things to treat it.

Giyuu could hardly open his eyes. He groaned lightly before coughing out more blood. His vision was still a little blurry.

Sanemi heard the faint coughing, and he turned his attention to Giyuu, hurrying towards him, trying to get his response.

"Hey... Look at me. Can you hear me, Tomioka? Shit shit shit! I'll have to tell Kocho..."

"N-No..."
Giyuu grunted a little. Sanemi gave him a slight concerned look.

"There's no need t...to tell her, I'll... I'll be fine..." He smiled slightly, though it was clear enough that he was hurt badly.

Sanemi stared at him smile through his pain. He looked almost... softened, but he quickly snapped back to anger.

"Don't give me that shit, Tomioka! You're not fine and-"

"Please... I'll be okay, really."
Giyuu said in a reassuring tone.

Sanemi let out a heavy sigh, before leaning down to be eye-leveled with Giyuu.

"Fine, but if I find out that you're not recovering or are lying about something, I'm gonna fucking tell her."

Giyuu nodded gently.
"Okay..."

Sanemi nodded back, before standing up and walking over to the other side of the bed. He grabbed a bowl of water and some cotton, placing them on the table next to Giyuu.

"Stay here."
He said.

"You don't have to..."
Giyuu paused abruptly.

"I will... go to my place now... thanks for the help... it really means a lot, Shinazugawa-San."
He said, his voice sounding a little tired.

"I'll be leaving now..."
He sat up, only to be pulled back by Sanemi.

"Shinazu-...?" Giyuu looked at Sanemi curiously.

"Ugh! You're so annoying..."
Sanemi looked at him with a mix of exasperation and concern. He paused for a while before speaking up again.

"Sit the hell down, and don't talk like that. You're not going anywhere until I see that you're okay!"
He snapped.

"But... You hate me...?" Giyuu said, almost mumbling the last part.

Sanemi paused, as if shocked at his response. He looked at him with an expression that was not quite hate, but rather complex emotions.
"What?"
He said, his voice a little raspy.

Giyuu realised Sanemi heard him, and let out a deep breath.

"...You," He paused again, before continuing.

"You... don't like me at all, do you?"

What?
Sanemi's eyes widened at the words.

"I...I know you think I'm annoying, but, I'd really like it if we were friends... But, the only thing that I don't understand is..."
Giyuu paused again, locking his eyes with Sanemi's.

"If you hate me, why do you want to take care of me? And take all these responsibilities... of my health?"
He asked.

Sanemi looked at him, his expression a complicated mix of anger and something else. Something, that almost resembled sadness.

"What the fuck are you talking about!? Tomioka, you just make me really fucking mad sometimes!"
He fumed with anger.

"You're a goddamn Hashira! One of the most important fucking people in the headquarters! Losing one is a great loss for the whole Demon Slayer Corps!"

Giyuu's eyes widened at his words.

"If I see you in such a state, it doesn't matter how I feel about you, or how much I hate you. We're comrades."
He paused for a while.

"It's my duty to keep you alive... as long as I can."
He said, calming down a little.

"Shinazugawa-San..."
Giyuu paused for a while, before continuing.

"Th...Thank you, it really means a lot." He said gratefully, his voice still calm.

Sanemi scoffed, but his face flushed slightly.

"Stop thanking me, fucker! If you thank me one more goddamned time, I'm gonna throw you outside and lock the fucking door! And that said, don't get fucking lazy now, okay?"
He said, his voice sounding angry yet slight concerned.

Giyuu nodded in response.

Sanemi glanced at his leg, a surprisingly concerned look on his face. He scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, at least it was a relatively clean wound. Could've been so much worse."

Giyuu stared at him for a while, before smiling softly.

"You're... You're really kind."

Sanemi almost choked at the statement, coughing. His face turned red as he tried to deny it.

"Don't be fucking stupid! I just don't want you dying on me! It would fuck us up too much if you died like that!"
He said, anger fuming through him.

Giyuu chuckled softly.
"I'm sorry..."

Sanemi stared at his smiling face, a soft blush spread on his cheeks.
Giyuu looked at him, tilting his head to the side innocently.

"Is... Something the matter?"
He asked, his voice deep and calm.

Sanemi cleared his throat, looking away.

"W-We need to get that wound cleaned up before it gets infected. And don't worry about the pain, I'll be quick."

"Okay..." Giyuu replied, letting out a deep breath.

_______________________________________

🍩