thirty-eight

A week before prom.

Two months passed quickly, flying about like it's nothing. And Beomgyu's here at the tailors shop, getting his suit ready with Sungchan and I.N, accompanied by Soobin as their so called chauffeur.

"That suit looks good on you." Beomgyu compliments Sungchan who's admiring himself in the mirror.
"It does. It compliments your height." I.N says.
"Can you both say that again? I forgot to record it." Sungchan says cheekily.

"OVER MY DEAD BODY." I.N and Beomgyu say simultaneously, earning a scoff from their taller friend.
"Have you picked out your suit?" Soobin asks as he creeps behind Beomgyu.
"I did. I opted to have one similar like dad's but gotta make it look like my age." Beomgyu says snickering.

"Well, we've gotten our suits. Let's pay for it and go back, it's getting late." I.N says, standing up from the couch they were sitting on.

The three friends paid for their respective suits at the counter, then walking out from the store. I.N got a pearl white suit that matches his fair complexion while Sungchan grabbed a sleek red velvet suit that compliments his height. Beomgyu on the other hand bought a royal blue tux, just like he wanted.

"Hyung, can you bring these back home? I'm gonna go to the hospital to see Taehyun." Beomgyu says, handing the suit to his brother.

"This late?? It's almost 9pm." Soobin asks, eyes bewildered and Beomgyu nods.
Beomgyu spots a cab coming down the road and the brunette raises his hand, the cab coming to an immediate stop at the sidewalk where he was.

"Can you drop Sungchan and I.N off? I'll see you back home, hyung. Bye you brats~" Beomgyu shoots a devilish grin while giving a flying kiss, earning eye rolls from his friends before he slips into the passenger's seat of the cab.
Beomgyu reaches the hospital around 9.20pm.

He glances at his watch before walking into the building. But he's not planning to meet up with Taehyun right away, he's got something to do first-
More like, something to set up.

+×+

Taehyun's eyes dart across the words of the book, word by word and line by line. Being hospitalised had taken a toll on his level of boredom.

Yeah, there's a television but it's mostly the news and the movies on the channels weren't much to his liking so his only alternative to keep himself busy or entertained is by reading the heaps of novels he's yet to read but have bought and scroll through social media.

The knock on his door catches his attention and Taehyun slightly closes his book, his head turning to the direction of the sliding door that's opened to reveal his boyfriend, Choi Beomgyu.
"Beomgyu-hyung??" Taehyun eyes the latter who's marching his way towards him.

"Gosh, put down the book. We've got somewhere to go to." Beomgyu says, snatching the book away from the younger's grip.
"Where are we going??"

Taehyun had his nasal cannula on and is attached to the big oxygen tank. Beomgyu, with all his necessary knowledge in paramedics work his way to transfer the tube to a smaller tank and Taehyun just flickers his eyelids, watching as to whatever the brunette was doing.

The black hair male then glanced to the wall clock.
"Wait, is this allowed?? It's passed 10pm hyung." Taehyun asks with a frantic tone.

Beomgyu, ignoring the younger's questions immediately carries Taehyun off the bed and onto the wheelchair. He places the small oxygen tank on Taehyun's lap before going behind to push the wheelchair.
"Hyung-" Taehyun calls out, stopping the wheelchair by halting it with his foot on the ground.

Beomgyu then leans forward, eyes meeting the younger's and he gives a reassuring smile.
"It's okay. I got someone to cover us." Beomgyu winks before pushing the boy out from his room.