forty-two

Beomgyu hated a boy.

He despised every single cell that formed a boy named Kang Taehyun. He hated him with every guts that existed in him. They were enemies, frenemies to be precise, ever since they were kids. Taehyun always garnered everyone's attention from him and was always a hundred times better and more appreciated than him. But then-

Beomgyu had fallen in love.

If you had told him he'd fall for the boy he hated, he'd tell you you're bullshitting. Yet he did. He fell in love with a love that came to him in the form of Kang Taehyun; his first love, his first relationship, his first everything-

His alma gemela.

Love.

He consumed the heaps of love he was given from him, unaware of the damage that slowly ruptures the core of his heart, grasping him into the pits of fire of his own feelings, chaining him against his own will.

Fool.

How foolish of him to drown in the pits of his own delusions, thinking he deserve to love, to be loved, to feel and to cherish the feeling.

Him.

Not when he had lost the love of his life, not when he had lost himself in the process of it.

Faults and chances.

At the end, it was proven true that everyone could have millions of chances to fix what they messed up in the beginning. But how long could they keep on reaching for those chances until it breaks them down?

Dead.

He couldn't recognise the pool of darkness in his eyes. The sullen expression plastered on his face.
Was he looking at what he would become, or was it too late? Was it the mere reflection of himself that had been tainted by the wreaths of love?

Cruel.

While there are different types of heartbreaks allocated to different kinds of people and experience encountered, at the end of the day, any heartbreak feels the same; dead, like a spark of life had flew out from our souls, like a dagger piercing right through our heart, like the light that he was suppose to meet at the end of the tunnel was gone.

Trust.

He learned how to give and take. Giving his heart to the one he trusted, and taking their hearts in exchange for warmth, like a locket with its key. It felt like that, the key to a locket, engraving the word 'trust' on it.

But little did he know, the love they shared ended dainty and fucked up. They had taken a piece of love etched on their hearts, only for them to lose each other in the forsaken fate the universe had arranged them in.

It was a cruel game to them. Whether intentional or not. Whether unconsciously or not.

Love felt like desperation as he sought to catch the fleeting grains of the crumbles of sand slipping through his fingers as he holds them in the curve of his palms.

Kang Taehyun.

Raw. That was what love was to Beomgyu.

Beomgyu steps into school as he walks down the hallways to his locker.
All eyes were on him. Why wouldn't they?

He looked disastrous; with his hair messy, sleeves pulled up to his elbow, revealing his black roses and the grey rose that once glowed red. His eyes are awfully red with bags underneath them. Anyone could tell he cried- he probably never stopped his tears.

News reached school that Taehyun had passed away yesterday. It was a shock to everyone. No one knew he had cancer but Kai, I.N, Sungchan and Beomgyu. Everyone's favourite, the school's sweetheart, the boy with the heart of gold.