Chapter 18

The teacher had decided to put us in pairs to complete a project. The project was that we had to basically spend a whole weekend together and go hiking or go to parties or normal stuff like that but not like a sleepover just hanging out. I got paired up with Nick. I didn't really know how to react. I was a bit happy because I could finally get to talk to him but also kind of scared of what he'll do. "So I guess we're partners" Nick said in a normal tone. "Yup" "At what time should we meet on Saturday" he asked me. "Umm.. I guess.. Like about 8am, does that sound good" "Yeah, I'll pick you up, see you later" with that the bell rang and he took off.

This week went by flying. I was glad that not much had happened. People of course always made rumors and they really hurt but I knew that I had to ignore them. Today is finally Saturday. It's 6:50am and I just woke up and I'm heading to take a shower. I dried my hair and put on some washed denim jeans, a does running out of pizza count as cardio sleeveless t-shirt, and my white converse. I just put my hair in a high ponytail and then put on some Chapstick, eyeliner and mascara. My stomach growled so I decided to make myself some breakfast. I ate a delicious sandwich and just some juice. I ran to wash my teeth and got my purse and as I am going down the stairs I hear a car's engine roar. I go outside and get into Nick's car. The whole ride was silent, not a comfortable one but an awkward one.

Skipping car ride......

We reach his house. He said that after he gets his phone charger for his car we are just going to see where we could go. After a lot of thinking and arguing we decided to go to the beach. I was feeling a little nervous because I haven't gone to the beach in a long time but I am hoping that its going to be fun. We had to go back to my house and I decided to put on my fringe black top of the swimsuit and my black bottom that has no fringe. I then put some washed high waisted shorts and a knitted long shirt that's for the beach. I was glad that my makeup was waterproof that way I didn't have to take it off. I took the essentials and then we left to the beach.

During car ride...

"So...um.. How have you been?" Nick asked me. He seemed a little nervous, but I don't blame him. We haven't had a real talk that included laughing and hanging out in a long long time. It was before he cared about popularity. "Um.. I.. I've been good and you?" Really I had to stutter.. "I've been doing okay. Can I ask you something?" "Sure Nick" "How do you know when someone is cheating on you?" "Well I really don't know, maybe if you see a change in their behavior or something, but I really have no idea. I you don't mind me asking why did you ask me that?" "Well you know my girlfriend Ashley, well I have seen her acting very strange when she's around Jason and specially if I am there. Last night I invited her to the movies but she said that she had to take care of her cousin, so I decided to go to the movies by myself and she was there with Jason."

"Nick, why don't you talk to her and ask her." That's when I remembered what Jason had told me about his "girlfriend" Ashley. "Well last time I did she got all defensive and started crying, she slapped me and then left" "Nick I have to tell you something, umm... Jason had told me when he was talking to me (meaning on speaking terms) that he and Ashley were dating. I thought both of you had broken up, but apparently not"
"I knew it!, but why would she do that to me when all I have done is treat her nice and care for her." "I don't know but I think you need to talk to her and see what she says. " "Yeah I think that's what I need to do. I don't think I want to be with her anymore after this"
__________________________
Hey Guys! Sorry that I haven't uploaded in such a long time. I am thinking about ending this book pretty soon. I am trying to start writing chapter 19 so it might be coming soon. Have a nice day! :)