ℂ𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 15

Disha's POV

I was tired of meeting everyone, my jaw was hurting badly after keep on smiling. " Come on bhabhi, she must be tired after meeting everyone. I think we should start the ceremony now." Sheetal chachi said coming towards us

Now the engagement ceremony was about to start, Reyaansh was already on stage. Now they were taking me to him.

Slow music was playing in the back ground. He was looking in my eyes. God why can't i handle his gaze!. Everytime he looks at me. My heart starts to beat faster and hands starts to shake. Specially today, when he is looking so handsome, in that sherwani.

As i was near the stage, he came and forwarded his hand. I looked into his eyes for nano second, then held his hand. Everyone hooted in the background.

We were on the stage, when a ring was forwarded to Reyaansh. I was too shy to forward my shaking hand. Maybe, he noticed it, because he held my left hand. Again hooting in the background could be heard.

He slid the diamond ring in my ring finger. His touch sent shiver down my spine, when he held my hand and slid the ring in finger.

Now maasi gave me the ring. How was i suppose to take his hand!? I was thinking this when he forwarded his hand. I looked at him before making him wear the ring. He pointed to his finger with eyes. I got what he was trying to hint.

I put ring in his finger, without taking his hand in mine. Everyone started to clap.

Reyaansh's POV

We were engaged now. I was looking at her. She was standing beside me, talking to her cousin. I don't know why i am looking at her, everytime i get a chance. Tonight she is glowing in a different way, that i am unable to take my eyes off her.

And now when she is wearing this engagement ring. Indicating that she is taken. Taken by me.

I got near towards her, when she was alone. She looked at me, then again averted her gaze. I like how my gaze is effecting her this much.

" Congratulations Disha" i whispered in her ear. Her scent hit my nostril pleasing me. She intake sharp amount of breath.

" Same to you Mr. Singhania" She in whispering tone. I didn't like the way she called me formally, like come on we are going to get married. She can call me by my name.

Author's POV

Siddharth wanted to talk to Vivek, so he went towards him. Vivek was talking to Uday. When Siddharth goes them.

" Badhai ho beta, ab se tumhari behen aadhi to hamari hogayi" Uday said as he looked at him.
(

Congratulations child, from today your sister is half ours)

" Aapko bhi badhai ho uncle" Siddharth said, congratulating them.
( Congratulations to you too)
" Vivek uncle i wanted to talk to you about something". Siddharth said in a serious tone. They also become serious.

" Yes beta, what is it" Vivek asked.
" Uncle aap log hum se bohut bade hain. So I won't be able to give you a large amount of dowry, which you could be expecting" Siddharth said looking down.
(

Uncle you all are high in status than us)

Vivek and Uday looked at each other.
" Itna gussa a raha hai na mujhe is wakt ke..control Uday control" Uday said calming himself.
(

I am feeling so angry right now that..)

" Beta jab humne dahej ki baat hi nahi ki to tumhare dimaag mein yeh kaha se aaya" Vivek asked.
(

But we didn't talk about dowry then where did it come in your head)

" Uncle now a days it is common. People doesn't even say this, but at the end moment they do fuss about it. Which i don't want to happen to my sister's wedding". Siddharth replied.

" Beta we are businessmen but marriage is not a business, in which we would take double profit. We want a daughter for our home to make it complete" Vivek said.

" Bhai hai chota sa lekin batein dekho iski. Siddharth you are also like our child to us. So don't ever think about this rubbish" Uday said patting his head.
(

He is younger brother but behaves like a elder)

Siddharth smiled at them. He was relieved and happy, that his sister is getting married to this beautiful family. Even he by himself could have never find a family like this. His father did great job.

He was thinking looking at her sister, who was talking with Anahita. That's when he realized something.

Maybe i scold Anahita more than i should. It wasn't like she did all that deliberately, it was mistake. So should i apologize? Maybe i should.
He thought to himself.