ℂ𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 39

Preeti's POV

He was driving focusing on the road, when suddenly i thought that the area is something different. I haven't been here.

" This is not the way to my home" I said.

" Oh it's a short cut actually" he said and i nodded.

Maybe it is a short cut, I don't know about. After some moments, i still can't recognize the area but didn't say anything. Then suddenly he stopped the car. I looked at him with confusion.

" There is a old temple here, do you wanna see?" He asked and who am i to say no to a temple? I nodded. I smiled widely.

Then we got of the car, it is completely forest type area. We were walking through the woods. After walking for sometime, i saw a beautiful temple.

It was very gratefully built. I was admiring the temple with a smile.
" Shall we?" Avyaansh said and i nodded.

That's when we put our right leg together on a step and started going ahead. I put my dupatta on my head.
There was the statue of Radha Krishna.

We went and took the blessings. Dear Lord just give me strength in life to face all the hardships that I'll face in the future. I was praying with my hands joined and eyes closed.

After praying i opened my eyes, and saw that Avyaansh was looking at me with a smile. That's when the priest came, he gave us prasad and was going to apply tilak on my forehead.

" Where is your sindoor?" The Priest said. Why would there be sindoor on my maang.

" What do you mean by that?" I asked.

" You are with your husband and you haven't applied sindoor and also you aren't wearing manglasutra" He said.
Then it hit me, he must have confused us as a married couple.

" Oh no, we are not married" i said clearing his doubt, but then God knows what happened, the thaal he was holding fell down from his hands.

" So you both are saying that, you are unmarried couple and you have entered this temple" he said with a shocked expression making us confused.

" That's exactly what i said" I said.
He was more shocked now, literally shivering. I looked at Avyaansh he was also confused.

That's when we looked around, we saw that everyone around us were also shocked and looking at us like we were ghost or something terrifying.

" You both have done very wrong, and still you are standing as if nothing happened" A man with heavy mustache and turban on his head.

" On this Mandir, there is a curse that only married couples can enter or else the whole village will be destroyed" he said with a scary expression. What is this nonsense, even in this 21 Century people are having this type of mentality.

" Listen all this is bullshit, nothing like that happens, these are just Superstition nothing else, now if you could take a side so that we can leave" Avyaansh said.

" You can say whatever you want, it will not make our believes change and now as you both have done it already, so both have to get married now in this temple" He said, making us shocked.