Chapter 7

"Jane" said Dwayne while driving. He noticed that Jane is not saying a word.

"Jane" once again, he called.

"Ah, y-yes?" She was startled.

"What's wrong?" He looked at Jane in his side.

"N-nothing.." she answered.

"Who's that Kayden guy?" He asked.

"Don't you know Mr. Hayes? Kayden Hayes to be exact. He's the boss and the most terrifying mafia lord they said." Andy looked outside the car.

"If He's that terrifying, why do you know him? How do you know him? Is he threatening you?" He asked continuesly.

"No, it's nothing like that. He's not that terrifying I know. He's the kindest person I ever met or I knew. If you should know him better, you'll know." She glance at Dwayne indicating that Dwayne shouldn't be worry.

"Then why are you avoiding him? He's the one you're avoiding when we are in the library right?" Dwayne noticed that.

"Because we're not meant to meet, I'm not part of his life so there’s no need for me to meet him. I'm just an unknown being in this world." She didn't noticed what she were saying.

"I don't think I'm following you?" He's confused.

"It's hard to explain... Anyway, I'm hungry. All those happenings made my stomach growl.." Andy uttered.

"Haha, those words doesn't make sense. You should act like a lady sometimes you know? You should've said 'I am starving' or 'I'm hungry' what's with that growling stomach?" He joked.

"Who cares? I am me and that's what matter."
"Well, not exactly me. I'm Andy in Janes body." She thought.

"Well that's what I like about you though." Dwayne murmured to himself and smiled.

Meanwhile...

After Kayden left the Hospital, he went to the beach where no one can see his real expression. It's the mixed of resentment and sadness. He resented Eli for all those years that he was alone. He's sad because he can't fool himself. There is still love for her deep inside his heart but he wanted it to give up.

For him, there is no space for Eli again.

"Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!" He shouted. He poured all of his strength with that one shout. And after a long time, he cried. Once again, all those memories of that betrayal from Eli poured in his memories. It feels like yesterday when she left him so all the heartaches is still fresh.

He sat there for a very long time until the sunset.

When he became calm, he leave and drove around the city. He want to spend his time and distract himself with anything. Until he passed by a children's park.

He remembers the place. It was near Andy's house. He decided to walk a little until he reached the swings. Unfortunately, there's already someone sitting there. It was a woman, it's dark but the light from the moon can make you see a little. He's about to leave but then the woman opened her phone and the light of it revealed her face. It was Andy.

After eating with Dwayne, she let Dwayne dropped her on this park so she can unwind. Dwayne still want to be with her but she said she wants to be alone for now so Dwayne respect her decision and left. She promised not to get home late so there’s nothing for Dwayne to worry.

Sitting alone on the swing, Andy felt the peacefulness of the world. It's been a long time since she go outside at night even if she's in her real world or here in this novel.

Looking at her phone, she noticed it's already 8 o'clock in the evening so she is about to leave when someone stand on her front. She looked up and noticed it was Kayden.