Chapter 26

"W-where am I?" Andy woke up from a dreamlike feeling as she find her way through the darkness in her surroundings.

"Hello????" She shouted yet only the echoes of her voice were filling the place.

She continued to follow the what seems wall she were grabbing and walked endlessly. It seems eternity, making her sit in the side and make a circle of herself.

"Am I really dreaming? Can someone... Can someone please wake me up?" Andy is in the verge of crying this time. She hates it. In her original body, she's used to be alone but now that she experienced being with someone she actually loved, she's now afraid of being alone.

That feeling of being forgotten and being alone in a dark place like this is something she's the most afraid of. The place were Kayden don't exist. Not being Andy, but being Jane. She actually loved being Jane right now for she is experiencing new things and feeling the love of what a family feels like. She has it all now and she doesn't want to let it go now.

"Stand up." Suddenly a voice rang in front of her making her looked up.

Her eyes were blurry because of the tears that are wanting to get out of her eyes so, she rubbed it with her hand.

In her front, she saw a somewhat familiar face. Someone familiar with her were standing straight in front of her. In fact, it is someone whom she were seeing everyday -In front of the mirror.

Yes, the one that actually standing in front of her was Jane. The real Jane.

"I'm you!" Andy was shocked that she actually stood up with a mouth agape.

She held the face of the woman standing in front of her and pinched it multiple times.

"Hey! that hurts!" Said Jane as she slapped away Andy's hand. Her face were showing a bit of annoyance, like a child being teased by her older siblings.

She tapped her face gently as if she were fixing a misalignment in her face.

"I uh... I'm sorry." Said Andy while caressing her hand that was slapped by Jane.

"Anyway, I'm not you. Well, technically." Jane said, crossing her hands in front of her chest.

"W-what do you mean? I'm literally you!" Andy were literally confused right at this moment. Is she being prank? If she were, then where are the cameras?

Suddenly, a couch appeared in Jane's back and the latter sat at it elegantly. Like she were the princess in a castle.

Jane chuckle a little, covering her mouth with a fan that magically appeared in her hands. "Silly, don't forget that you are not the real Jane."

Those words hit Andy hard. Yes, why did she forget the most important thing? She's not the real Jane! She is Andy!

After that realization, a mirror appeared on her side and Jane pointed at it so Andy can look at her own reflection.

Andy slowly turned where the mirror were and saw her face. The real Andy. The nerd Andy who knows nothing beside reading books. The one with a reading glasses, a messy hair bun and a track suite. Her face, full of tiny pimples and under her eyes were some eyebags.

She slowly touch her face and feel it. She took off the glasses and undid her hair. Yes, she can't deny it. It's definitely her! Her old self! But why? Why now when everything is going right for her? Why now when she already accepted the fact that she can be with Kayden? Just... why now?

But then, who is she kidding? She just borrowed that body. Heck! Maybe Kayden will not even remember her when the real Jane appears at the story! Maybe then, the original story will go back to it's original pace. Andy convince herself with that.

"Hey, I'm still here okay?" Jane clapped her hands so that Andy can snap on her thoughts.

"Oh, sorry... where are we again?"she asked snapping back at her thoughts.

"Well I guessing it's a place where our minds collide. I don't know, it's my first time here." Replied Jane while looking at her fingerprints.

"You're taking it too well for someone whose saying it's your first time." Said Andy and then sit beside Jane.

"Right? Well, at first I was bewildered as you , but then, I saw a lot of this in anime. Look!" She said pointing at the vast darkness and closed her eyes. "Just try imagining something and it will come true!" Jane said forming a smile on her lips.

Right after she said that, a vast of a galaxy like stars covered the darkness and Andy couldn't stop herself from being mesmerized.

"It's.. it's beautiful." She uttered.

"Right? So now, it's not that scary! Looking at those stars in the sky making me feel safe everytime." Jane said still looking up the sky and smiling.

Looking at it, Andy remembered the moments she had with Kayden under the stars, at the beach. Then a lone tear fell from her eye. She immediately wiped it so that Jane can't see it and ask "And why are we here again?"

Jane look at her in confusion but then open her mouth to say this " well, I guessed, we already fulfilled our wishes? I don't know about you but, I already fulfilled mine."

"Wish?" She asked in confusion. Then, a sudden realization hits her. Right! She remembered that she wished to have someone like Kayden!

"And what did you wished?" She added.

"I wished to change someone's life. I wished to be the start of that someone's good beginning. And that someone was you!" She looked at Andy's eyes and smiled.

"How... kind of you." Andy uttered like she was defeated. She thought, maybe this is really the end. Maybe, just maybe, she can still wave her goodbye to Kayden but then, she doesn't want to continue borrowing Jane's body. She already used it too well for her own good.

"Thank you for giving me the chance to be you. For making my wish come true." She added, looking Jane in her eyes. Now with a sincere smile.

"Sure, no problem with that. So... It's our goodbye then?" Said Jane reaching her hands to Andy in a form of handshake but instead of it, Andy hugged her tight.

"I can't thank you enough." She let go of her hug and smile. "There's someone who knows the real me in your world. Please, can you relay my message to him?" Asked Andy accepting the fact that this is really the goodbye she's been afraid of.

"Sure.. what is it?" Jane responded.

"Here it is."

*****

Beep...beep...beep...

The sound of the hospital monitor can be heard in the room where the body of Jane is lying. Sleeping...

In her side, sitting a sleeping Kayden while holding Jane's hand. Stress can be seen in his face even though he's asleep. There are some tiny eyebags lying under his eyes yet his beauty can still be seen.

Kayden woke up from suddenly feeling something moved. There, he saw Jane looking at him. Confused.

"Y-You're awake! Thank God!" He immediately hugged Jane, caressing her hair while tears falling in his handsome face.

"I uh... I'm sorry?" Jane said in confusion. The heck? Who's this handsome man hugging her? Yes, he's handsome but not her type. He's too handsome for her.

"Let me call first your mom and the doctors so they can attend to you." Kayden then left the room, taking his phone and dialed Madame Claire's number.

****

Hey there!! Konnichiwa! Sorry for taking the update too long. Hehe, I guess I'm a bit being lazy this days, I wonder why 😅 as you can see I finishing this as fast as I can cause there is something I need to do so, please bear with me okay? Thank you for your continued support. I love you all ❤️

Author ❤️