Chapter 1

Sapphires POV:

Today is the day that the Lionesses can make history for the second time in two years and I am absolutely shitting myself.

Me and Grace went to bed early last night so we could set our alarms for 10 am, one hour before the kickoff, but in the middle of the night I woke up and couldn't stop thinking about the final. I was nervous but not as nervous as the players would be, I just wish that I was out there on the pitch playing with the Lionesses and my new Tottenham teammate Bethany England but of course like always I'm never picked for any national duties. I finally drifted off, remembering one of the best days of my life, 6 days prior to the final.

Flashback 6 days ago, 14th august 2023

I can't believe the news that I have just received from my best friend. She is now sitting with Robert Vilahamn, the manager of Tottenham, signing her loan deal contract. Now I have to get the apartment ready as she is moving in today. I started with cleaning the kitchen as there were loads of dirty plates that I had forgotten to clean, then the bathroom and lounge and finally getting her bedroom ready. All I have to do is make her bed and then she can decorate her bedroom however she likes.

I look at the time and see that she is going to be here in an hour so I get my shoes and coat on and head to my car so I can go food shopping as I don't have enough food for two people and I also need to buy some snacks for the world cup semi final and final if the Lionesses make it through.

When I got back from the shops, I opened my messages and I read that she was 10 minutes away. I quickly rushed into the apartment and put the shopping away. While I was waiting for her to knock on the door I saw her instagram post and liked and commented on it congratulating her.

When I heard the knock at the door, I jumped off the sofa and sprinted to open it. The next thing I know Grace has jumped in my arms embracing me in a bone crushing hug as it has been nearly two years since we last saw each other. The next few days we watched the Lionesses beat Australia 3-1 in the semi final and caught up with each other about what has happened while the other has been away.