Chapter 47

The next morning, I woke up with a heavy heart. The unease from last night lingered in my mind, and I knew I couldn't ignore it any longer. As I headed down to breakfast, I braced myself for the conversation I knew I needed to have with Alessia.

When I entered the dining hall, my eyes immediately fell on Alessia and Kyra sitting together, chatting and laughing. A pang of jealousy and suspicion shot through me, but I took a deep breath and decided to sit with the other girls instead. I needed their support and advice.

I walked over to the table where Leah, Katie, Beth, Viv, and Caitlin were sitting. "Mind if I join you?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Of course, Saph," Leah said, making room for me.

As I sat down, I noticed their concerned expressions. "What's wrong?" Katie asked, her eyes filled with worry.

I took a deep breath, feeling the weight of my words. "I need to talk to you all about something that happened last night and the night before."

They all leaned in, their attention focused on me. "Go on," Beth said softly.

"After the movie nights, I went to Kyra and Alessia's room to check on them," I began, my voice shaking slightly. "Both times, it sounded like they were scrambling to get dressed or something. When Alessia opened the door, she looked flustered, and Kyra was right behind her, looking the same."

Their eyes widened, and I could see the concern growing. "Did you confront her about it?" Viv asked.

"Not yet," I admitted. "But I will. I just needed to talk to you all first. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but something doesn't feel right."

They all nodded in understanding, and Leah placed a comforting hand on my arm. "We're here for you, Sapph. Whatever happens, you've got our support."

I smiled gratefully, feeling a bit more at ease. "Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it."

As breakfast continued, I kept glancing over at Alessia and Kyra. The laughter and casual touches between them only fueled my suspicions. I knew I needed to talk to Alessia and get to the bottom of this.

After breakfast, I pulled Alessia aside, determined to have a serious conversation. "Alessia, we need to talk," I said firmly.

She looked at me with a mix of guilt and apprehension. "Okay," she replied softly, following me to a quiet corner of the hotel lobby.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves. "Last night and the night before, when I came to your room, it seemed like you and Kyra were... hiding something. What's going on?"

Alessia's eyes filled with tears, and she looked away, unable to meet my gaze. "Saph, I... I made a mistake," she began, her voice trembling. "We had a few drinks, and things got out of hand. We kissed, but it didn't mean anything. I'm so sorry."

Her words hit me like a punch to the gut, and I struggled to keep my emotions in check. "Alessia, we're engaged," I said, my voice breaking. "How could you let this happen?"

"I know, and I hate myself for it," she cried. "It was a stupid, drunken mistake. Please, Saph, I love you. I don't want to lose you."

I took a deep breath, trying to process everything. Despite the pain, I knew I had to give her a chance to make things right. "Alright," I said finally. "But this has to stop. No more going out alone with Kyra. We need to rebuild our trust."

Alessia nodded, tears streaming down her face. "I promise, Saph. I'll do whatever it takes."

As we embraced, I couldn't help but feel a lingering sense of doubt. But I knew that if we were going to move forward, we had to face this together, one step at a time.

we travelled back to England, the atmosphere on the plane was sombre. I couldn't shake the feeling of betrayal, but I tried to focus on the future. When we arrived at the training centre, we gathered our things and headed home.

As we unpacked, I brought up the engagement party. "We need to start planning our engagement party," I said, trying to sound cheerful. "Who do you want to invite?"

Alessia smiled, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Definitely our families, the girls from the team, and some close friends."

I nodded, making a mental list. "Sounds good. We'll make it a night to remember."

Despite the tension, I knew that planning the party would help us focus on our future together. We spent the evening discussing details and making plans, trying to find some semblance of normalcy.

The decision to plan our engagement for a week from now brought a mix of excitement and nerves. Alessia and I sat down together, poring over the details, imagining the perfect celebration to mark the beginning of our journey together.

"We should invite all the Arsenal girls and Lionesses, of course," Alessia suggested, her eyes shining with anticipation. "And my family, including my parents, brothers, and Lauren. And your family too, Saph."

I nodded in agreement, a smile spreading across my face. "Absolutely. And we can't forget your closest friends from Italy."

As we finalised the guest list, Alessia pulled out her phone, a mischievous grin playing on her lips. "I think it's time to share the news with the world," she said, opening Instagram.

We snapped a photo together, my arm wrapped around Alessia's waist, her hand resting on my shoulder, the engagement ring glinting in the sunlight. The caption read: "She said yes! 💍 Excited to spend forever with my love ❤️ @alessia #engaged #love"

With a tap of her finger, Alessia posted the picture, and within seconds, the notifications started pouring in. Messages of congratulations flooded our feed, along with heart emojis and words of encouragement.

"Congratulations, you two! 🎉💕"

"So happy for you both! 😍"

"You make such a beautiful couple! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together! 💖"

The outpouring of love and support brought tears to my eyes. To know that so many people were cheering us on filled my heart with warmth and gratitude.

As the likes and comments continued to roll in, Alessia wrapped her arms around me, pulling me close. "We're going to have the most amazing engagement party," she whispered, her voice filled with excitement.

I smiled, resting my head against hers. "I can't wait. It's going to be perfect."

With our engagement announced to the world and our plans in motion, I felt a sense of peace wash over me. No matter what challenges lay ahead, I knew that as long as we had each other, we could conquer anything. And that was the greatest gift of all.