Chapter 56

Alessia's POV:

Kyra led me to a quieter corner of the training grounds, her expression dark and unreadable. I could feel the tension radiating off her, and it made my heart race with anxiety. Once we were far enough from the others, she turned to face me, her eyes blazing with anger.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she demanded, her voice barely contained. "Why didn't you tell me that you and Sapphire were planning to start a family?"

I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself. "Kyra, it was a personal conversation between Sapphire and me. I didn't think it was something I needed to share with you."

Kyra's hands balled into fists at her sides. "Personal? We've been... we've been together, Alessia. You can't just drop something like this on me out of nowhere. What does this mean for us?"

I felt a pang of guilt but also a surge of determination. This was the moment I had to set things straight, no matter how hard it was. "Kyra, there can't be an 'us' anymore. What we've been doing... it was wrong, and I can't keep living like this. I'm married to Sapphire now, and I need to be fully committed to her."

Kyra's face contorted with hurt and anger. "So, that's it? You just decide one day that you're done with me? After everything?"

I shook my head, feeling tears prick at the corners of my eyes. "It's not like that, Kyra. This has been tearing me apart. I can't keep betraying Sapphire. We can still be friends, but we can't... we can't be together like that anymore. We can only talk to each other in front of the team. It's the only way."

Kyra stared at me, her eyes filled with a mix of betrayal and disbelief. "You think we can just go back to being friends? After everything we've done, after everything we've shared?"

I swallowed hard, knowing how difficult this was for both of us. "I hope we can, Kyra. But we have to try. For the sake of our careers, our teammates, and... for Sapphire."

She looked away, her jaw clenched. "I don't know if I can do that, Alessia. I don't know if I can just pretend like nothing happened."

I reached out, placing a hand on her arm. "I understand, but we have to try. Please, Kyra."

For a moment, she didn't move, didn't respond. Then she shook her head, pulling away from my touch. "Fine. But don't expect me to be happy about it."

With that, she turned and walked away, leaving me standing there, feeling a mix of relief and sorrow. I knew this was the right thing to do, but it didn't make it any easier. I took a deep breath and headed back to Sapphire, ready to face whatever came next.

Sapphire's POV:

As I sat with Beth, Viv, Caitlin, and Katie, we shared stories about our week-long honeymoon in Dubai. The memories were still fresh, and I couldn't help but smile as I recounted the highlights.

"Oh, you guys should have seen the resort!" I said, leaning forward with excitement. "It was absolutely stunning. The view from our room was breathtaking, and the private beach was perfect."

Beth grinned. "Sounds amazing! What was the best part?"

I thought for a moment, then laughed. "Honestly, the best part was just having uninterrupted time together. We went snorkelling, had romantic dinners by the beach, and even went on a hot air balloon ride over the desert. It was magical."

Katie raised an eyebrow. "Did you do anything adventurous?"

"Oh, definitely! We went dune bashing, which was terrifying and exhilarating at the same time. And we also tried sandboarding. Let's just say I have a newfound respect for snowboarders."