Chapter 51

Sapphire POV:

The day had finally arrived. The day I'd marry Alessia, the woman who had captured my heart. Despite the turmoil and doubts that had plagued me for months, I was determined to make this day perfect. I stood in front of the mirror, adjusting the black suit I had chosen for the occasion. It was a bold choice, but I felt powerful and confident in it.

My dad, Jasper, walked into the room, his eyes glistening with pride. "You look incredible, Saph," he said, his voice thick with emotion.

"Thanks, Dad," I replied, trying to keep my own emotions in check. "I'm ready."

He nodded and offered me his arm. As we walked down the aisle, the sight of our friends and family, all gathered to celebrate our love, filled me with a renewed sense of purpose. I caught glimpses of familiar faces—my teammates, the Lionesses, Alessia's family, and mine. They were all here for us.

My bridesmaids, Katie and Leah, followed closely behind, along with my two brothers, Tristan and Bertie. Their presence gave me strength, a reminder of the love and support that surrounded us.

At the end of the aisle, I saw Alessia standing with her dad, Mario. She looked stunning in her white dress, her face radiant with happiness. My heart swelled with love as I watched her walk towards me, followed by her bridesmaids, Mary and Kyra. I couldn't take my eyes off her.

As she reached me, our eyes locked, and for a moment, everything else faded away. The doubts, the fears, the secrets—all melted in the face of the love we shared.

The ceremony began, and soon it was time for our vows. I took a deep breath and began.

"Alessia, from the moment we met, I knew you were someone special. Your kindness, your passion, your unwavering belief in us have been my guiding lights. I promise to stand by you, to support you, and to love you with all my heart. No matter what challenges we face, I will always choose you. Today, I vow to be your partner, your confidant, and your biggest fan for the rest of our lives."

Alessia's eyes filled with tears as she took my hands and spoke her vows.

"Sapphire, you've brought so much joy and love into my life. Your strength, your dedication, and your love have been my anchor. I promise to cherish you, to stand by you, and to love you unconditionally. Together, we can overcome anything. Today, I vow to be your partner, your confidant, and your biggest fan for the rest of our lives."

We exchanged rings, our promises sealed with a kiss, and the ceremony concluded to the cheers and applause of our loved ones. It was time for the speeches.

The reception afterparty was in full swing, the hall filled with laughter, music, and the clinking of glasses. After the emotional ceremony and heartfelt speeches, it was time to relax, eat, and drink with our friends and family. The tables were adorned with beautiful floral centrepieces, and the warm glow of fairy lights created a magical atmosphere.

Alessia and I found our seats at the head table, surrounded by our bridal party and closest family members. As we sat down, I couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over me. Despite everything, this moment felt perfect.

The first course was served, a delicious array of appetisers that had everyone murmuring in appreciation. I glanced at Alessia, who was beaming with happiness. She caught my eye and leaned in to whisper, "I'm so glad we're finally here."

"Me too," I replied, squeezing her hand. "This is perfect."

As we enjoyed our meal, the conversations flowed easily. Grace, sitting beside me, leaned over and said, "So, when are you two planning the honeymoon?"