Chapter 37

The soft light of dawn seeped through the curtains, casting a gentle glow across the room. I stirred, turning to see Alessia already awake, staring at the ceiling with a troubled expression.

"Morning, love. How did you sleep?" I asked, trying to read the emotions playing across Alessia's face.

"Morning. Not great. Just a lot on my mind," Alessia replied, forcing a small smile.

I reached out, my fingers brushing Alessia's arm. "I know things have been tough. We'll get through this."

"Yeah, we will," Alessia said, her smile faltering as guilt gnawed at her heart.

The Arsenal training ground buzzed with its usual energy, but Alessia's mind was elsewhere. She fumbled passes, missed shots, and her usual sharpness was dulled by the turmoil inside her.

"Alessia, you okay? You seem off today," Kim asked after yet another missed pass.

"I'm fine. Just a bit tired," Alessia mumbled, wiping sweat from her forehead.

"Come on, Alessia. Focus. We need to get this right," I called out, her tone a mix of frustration and concern.

No one's POV:

"Right. Sorry," Alessia responded, but her mind drifted back to the previous night, and the secret she now shared with Kyra.

After training, Alessia found herself seeking Kyra's company. They met in a secluded corner of the training grounds, away from prying eyes.

Alessia's POV:

"Kyra, I can't stop thinking about what we did," I confessed, my voice trembling.

"I know. It's complicated, but it felt right in the moment," Kyra replied, her eyes searching mine for understanding.

"But it's wrong. I love Sapphire," I said, my guilt weighing heavily on me.

"I understand. But if you need someone to talk to, I'm here," Kyra reassured, her hand brushing mine.

No one's POV:

The tension between them built until they couldn't resist any longer. They kissed, their shared guilt momentarily forgotten in the heat of the moment.

Sapphire's POV:

A mandatory team meeting was called to address the recent dip in performance. The room was filled with a mix of tension and expectation.

"We've had a dip in performance lately. What's going on?" Jonas asked, his gaze sweeping over the team.

"I think we're all feeling the pressure. We need to refocus," I suggested, my eyes flicking to Alessia, hoping for some reassurance.

"Yeah, we can't afford to let things slip," Laura added.

No one's POV:

Alessia and Kyra exchanged a glance, their secret weighing heavily on both. "We'll do better," they echoed, trying to maintain a façade of normalcy.

Sapphire's POV:

Determined to mend our strained relationship, I planned a romantic dinner at home. Candles flickered on the table, casting a warm glow over the carefully prepared meal.

"I thought a nice dinner might help us reconnect," I said, my voice soft with hope.

"It looks lovely, Sapphire. Thank you," Alessia responded, but her mind was miles away, tangled in guilt and confusion.

"You seem distant. Is everything okay?" I asked, my concern deepening.

"I'm just tired. Can we talk about it later?" Alessia deflected, her heart aching at the hurt in Sapphire's eyes.