Chapter 36

The soft light of morning filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room. I slowly woke up, savouring the comfort of the bed and the presence of Alessia beside me. However, there was a subtle tension in the air, a heaviness that hadn't been here before.

"Morning, love. Did you sleep well?" I whispered, brushing a lock of hair from Alessia's face.

Alessia's eyes fluttered open, and she gave a small, tired smile. "Morning. I guess. You?"

"Same here," I replied, sensing the unease. "We need to talk about something later."

"Yeah, we do," Alessia agreed, her voice tinged with apprehension.

We got up and made our way to the kitchen, preparing a simple breakfast. The conversation was sparse, both of us lost in our own thoughts. The tension between us simmered beneath the surface, waiting to boil over.

The atmosphere at the Arsenal training ground was lively and energetic, as always. But the tension between me and Alessia was palpable, even to our teammates.

"Morning, everyone! Ready to train?" Kim called out as we arrived.

"Sure," Alessia replied, forcing a smile.

"Let's get started. We need to nail these drills today," Steph added.

As the drills began, my frustration grew. "Alessia, pass faster! We need to keep the rhythm," I called out, my tone sharper than intended.

"I'm doing my best, Sapphire! Stop micromanaging me!" Alessia snapped back, her irritation clear.

"Hey, calm down. We're all trying here," Emily interjected, trying to diffuse the situation.

But the argument continued, drawing attention from our teammates. The disagreement was public, and it left both of us feeling exposed and vulnerable.

After training, me and Alessia separated to cool off. I went and sought out my mentor, hoping for some guidance.

"What's going on, Sapphire? You seem off," my mentor observed.

"Alessia and I are having issues. It's affecting our training," I admitted.

"Relationships are tough, especially when you work together. Just remember to communicate and listen," my mentor advised kindly.

Meanwhile, Alessia found Kyra, a close friend, for support.

Alessia's POV:

"You look stressed, Alessia. What happened?" Kyra asked, concern in her eyes.

"Sapphire and I had a huge fight. I don't know how to fix it," I confessed.

"Sometimes you need to take a step back. Want to talk about it?" Kyra offered.

Sapphire's POV:

That evening, I approached Alessia, hoping to talk things through. "Can we talk? I don't want to go to bed angry," I began.

"Me neither, but it feels like we're just not getting through to each other," Alessia replied, her frustration evident.

"I'm just trying to help us both succeed," I explained, my voice strained.

"It feels like you're criticising me instead of supporting me," Alessia countered, her eyes flashing with hurt.

The conversation escalated, with both of us feeling misunderstood. We parted ways, our relationship more strained than ever.

The next day, the team organised a bonding activity – a group dinner at a local restaurant. It was meant to be a break from the pressures of training, but me and Alessia's unresolved issues created a strained atmosphere.

"Let's make a toast to the team! May we always have each other's backs," Katie announced.

"Cheers! To camaraderie and success!" Kyra added.

"Cheers," I said, forcing a smile.

"Cheers," Alessia echoed quietly.

Throughout the dinner, We both tried to engage but we were clearly distracted by our unresolved conflict.

No one's POV:

Kyra, noticing Alessia's distress, leaned over. "You okay?"

"Not really. Can we talk after this?" Alessia replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

After the bonding activity, Alessia and Kyra spent time together, seeking solace in each other's company.

Alessia's POV:

"I'm here for you, Alessia. You don't have to go through this alone," Kyra said softly.

"Thank you, Kyra. I just feel so lost," I admitted, my voice trembling.

"It's okay to feel that way. Sometimes things get complicated," Kyra reassured her.

Emotions ran high, and in a moment of vulnerability, we crossed a line. The comfort of Kyra's presence, the shared understanding, and the need for connection led to a passionate kiss that neither of us stopped. We ended up in bed together, our actions driven by a mix of confusion, hurt, and a desperate need for comfort.

The morning light brought a harsh clarity to the situation. I woke up, realising the gravity of what had happened.

"Oh no... Kyra, what did we do?" I whispered, panic rising in her chest.

Kyra, still half-asleep, turned to me. "We were both vulnerable. It just happened."

"I need to figure out what to do. I can't believe this happened," I said, my mind racing with guilt and confusion.

No one's POV:

As they lay there, the weight of their actions settled over them. Alessia knew she had to face the consequences, but she wasn't sure how to begin.