Chapter 48

With the engagement party only days away, Alessia and I worked tirelessly to finalise every detail. We wanted it to be a celebration our friends and family would never forget. We rented a beautiful hall, decorated with twinkling fairy lights, fresh flowers, and a stunning backdrop for photos. The guest list included all the Arsenal girls, the Lionesses, Alessia's family, and my dad and two brothers, Tristan and Bertie.

"Okay, the invitations are ready to be sent," I said, looking up from my laptop. "Everyone is going to be so excited."

Alessia smiled, leaning over to kiss my cheek. "I can't wait to see everyone's reactions."

We hit 'send,' and the invitations went out. Almost immediately, responses started to come in. Our friends were thrilled, and Alessia's family couldn't wait to celebrate with us.

The day of the party arrived, and we spent the morning at the hall, making sure everything was perfect. The tables were set, the decorations were in place, and the food was being prepared. Alessia and I stood back, admiring our hard work.

"This is going to be amazing," Alessia said, squeezing my hand.

"Absolutely," I agreed, feeling a surge of happiness. "I couldn't have done this without you."

As the evening approached, our guests began to arrive, bringing presents and warm wishes. The room filled with laughter and excitement as everyone mingled and admired the decorations.

The Arsenal girls were the first to arrive, their eyes lighting up as they entered the hall. "This place looks incredible!" Beth exclaimed, hugging us both. "Congratulations again, you two."

"Thank you," I said, smiling. "We're so happy you're here."

Next came the Lionesses, followed by Alessia's family. Her parents, Carol and Mario, beamed with pride as they congratulated us, and her brothers, Luca and Giorgio, gave us big hugs. Luca's wife, Lauren, was equally enthusiastic, promising to help with anything we needed.

My dad and brothers arrived last, carrying gifts and looking proud. "This is quite the setup, Sapph," Tristan said, giving me a hug.

"Thanks, Tristan," I said. "It's all coming together perfectly."

As the party got into full swing, everyone seemed to be having a great time. There was music, dancing, and plenty of food and drink. It was everything we'd hoped for.

No one's POV:

In the midst of the celebration, Kyra and Alessia found a moment to slip away to one of the backrooms. Their absence went unnoticed in the bustling hall.

Once inside the room, they quickly became lost in each other, sharing an intimate moment. Their hands roamed, clothes were discarded, and soon they were entirely consumed by their passion.

Unbeknownst to them, Tristan and Bertie had noticed their absence and decided to check on them. As they approached the room, they could hear sounds that made their hearts sink. Opening the door a crack, they were met with the sight of Alessia and Kyra in the throes of passion.

Stunned and angry, Tristan and Bertie quickly shut the door, their hearts heavy with the betrayal they had witnessed. They walked away, not wanting to believe what they had just seen.

"I can't believe she's doing this to Sapphire," Tristan muttered, his fists clenched in anger.

"I know," Bertie agreed, his voice tight with emotion. "How could she?"

They decided to keep the incident to themselves for the time being, not wanting to ruin the engagement party. But their anger and hurt were palpable, and they knew they would have to tell Sapphire eventually.

Sapphire's POV:

The engagement party had been everything I dreamed of and more. The hall buzzed with laughter, music, and the warm presence of our loved ones. I felt on top of the world, surrounded by the people who mattered most to me, all celebrating our love.

As the night wound down and guests began to leave, Tristan and Bertie pulled me aside, their expressions serious.

"SD, we need to talk," Tristan said quietly, glancing around to make sure we were alone.

"What's going on?" I asked, a knot forming in my stomach. The look on their faces made my heart race with worry.

Bertie took a deep breath, his eyes filled with sadness. "We saw something tonight, and you need to know about it."

My mind raced as I tried to piece together what they were about to say. "What did you see?"

Tristan's jaw tightened. "We saw Alessia and Kyra... They were together, intimately. In one of the backrooms."

The words hit me like a ton of bricks. My heart sank, and I felt a wave of nausea wash over me. "Are you sure?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

"We're sure, Gem," Bertie said gently. "We saw them with our own eyes. They were so wrapped up in each other, they didn't even notice us."

Tears welled up in my eyes as the reality of their words sank in. Alessia had been cheating on me, not just once, but repeatedly. The moments at the hotel in Spain flashed through my mind, the lingering doubts I had pushed aside now painfully confirmed.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself. "Thank you for telling me," I said, my voice trembling. "I appreciate you both looking out for me."

Tristan placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "What are you going to do?"

For a moment, I was at a loss. Part of me wanted to confront Alessia immediately, to demand answers and end this betrayal. But another part of me, the part that loved her deeply, wanted to hold on, to believe that we could still make it through this.

"I'm not going to say anything to her right now," I decided, my voice firmer than I felt. "We're going ahead with the wedding."

Both Tristan and Bertie looked at me with a mixture of concern and disbelief. "Are you sure, Gem?" Bertie asked. "You don't have to go through with it."

I nodded, wiping away the tears. "I'm sure. At least for now. I need to process this, and I don't want to make any hasty decisions. But thank you for confirming what I've been suspecting since Spain."

Tristan hugged me tightly. "We're here for you, whatever you decide."

Bertie joined the hug, and I felt a surge of gratitude for my brothers. They had my back, and that meant the world to me.

As they walked me back to where the rest of the guests were saying their goodbyes, I plastered on a smile, determined to keep up appearances. I glanced across the room and saw Alessia laughing with some of our friends, completely oblivious to the storm brewing inside me.

For now, I will play my part. But deep down, I knew that our relationship had been irrevocably changed. Trust had been shattered, and I wasn't sure if it could ever be fully repaired.