Chapter 62

Sapphire's POV:

As the final scan day dawned, a mix of nervous excitement and anticipation settled over Alessia and me. It had been a whirlwind four months since we discovered what we were expecting, filled with the ups and downs of ACL recovery and the wonders of pregnancy. But today, everything felt like it was coming together, culminating in the moment we had been waiting for—the chance to finally share our joy with our loved ones.

Ella Toone's arrival from Manchester added an extra layer of excitement to the day. We had invited her down to be with us during the scan, knowing how much it meant to her to be a part of this special moment. Alessia and I had decided to use the scan as an opportunity to reveal the gender of our baby to Ella, planning to throw a gender reveal party afterwards to celebrate with our friends and family.

The drive to the clinic was filled with nervous chatter and laughter, the anticipation building with each passing mile. When we arrived, Ella's eyes were wide with excitement, her smile lighting up her face as she hugged us tightly. We walked into the clinic together, our steps echoing in the quiet hallway as we made our way to the scan room.

Inside, the air was thick with anticipation as we settled into our chairs, the hum of the ultrasound machine filling the room. Dr. Patel greeted us warmly, his eyes twinkling with excitement as he prepared to perform the scan.

"Are you ready to find out the gender?" he asked, his voice filled with a mixture of excitement and anticipation.

Alessia and I exchanged a nervous glance, our hearts pounding in our chests as we nodded eagerly. Dr. Patel smiled warmly, his fingers deftly moving the ultrasound wand over my abdomen as he searched for the telltale signs.

And then, suddenly, there it was—the image of our baby, clear and distinct on the screen. Alessia gasped in delight, her hand reaching out to grasp mine as tears filled her eyes.

"It's a... it's a..." Dr. Patel trailed off, his brow furrowing in confusion as he moved the wand again, his eyes narrowing in concentration.

And then, in a moment that took our breath away, the truth was revealed. Not one baby, as we had expected, but three. Triplets.

Alessia and I stared at the screen in shock, our minds struggling to comprehend the enormity of what we had just heard. Triplets. Three tiny miracles growing inside me, each one a precious gift beyond measure.

Ella's eyes widened in disbelief, her hand flying to her mouth as she gasped in astonishment. "Triplets?" she whispered, her voice filled with wonder.

Dr. Patel nodded, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Triplets," he confirmed, his voice filled with awe. "Congratulations, you two. You're going to be parents to three beautiful babies."

Tears filled my eyes as the reality of our situation sank in, overwhelming me with a flood of emotions. Three babies. Three tiny hearts beating in perfect harmony, three souls destined to change our lives forever.

As we left the clinic, our minds spinning with the enormity of what we had just learned, Alessia and I clung to each other tightly, drawing strength from the love that bound us together. And as we made our way home, our hearts filled with joy and anticipation, we knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, as long as we had each other, we could face them with courage and grace, together, as a family.

The day of our gender reveal party had finally arrived, and as Alessia and I made the final preparations, a nervous excitement bubbled in the pit of my stomach. We had sent out invitations to our Arsenal teammates, family, and Lioness teammates, keeping them in the dark about the true nature of the celebration, only instructing them to wear either pink or blue clothes.