Chapter 49

Sapphire's POV:

It's been a couple of months since the engagement party, and since my brothers told me what they saw that night. Every day since then has been a struggle. I couldn't bring myself to confront Alessia. The fear of losing her, of tearing apart everything we had built, held me back. So, I acted like nothing had happened, burying the hurt and betrayal deep within me.

We've been planning our wedding, an event that should be the happiest time of our lives. We decided to have it in Italy, at a beautiful vineyard that Alessia's family had connections to. It was picturesque, with sprawling fields of grapes, rustic charm, and a view that took your breath away. It was the perfect setting for our perfect day.

We invited everyone who had been at the engagement party, extending the invitations to include their families as well. We wanted it to be a grand celebration, surrounded by all the people we loved.

Planning the wedding kept me busy, and in a way, it was a welcome distraction. Alessia and I spent hours together, choosing flowers, tasting cakes, and selecting the perfect menu. Despite everything, there were moments when I felt genuinely happy, caught up in the excitement and anticipation.

Grace, my best friend, decided to throw me a bachelorette party. It was a night to remember, filled with laughter and nostalgia. She invited some of the Lionesses and my ex-teammates from Tottenham. We went to a trendy bar in London, where we danced, sang karaoke, and reminisced about the old times. For a while, I could almost forget the pain lurking beneath the surface.

"To Sapphire, the most beautiful bride-to-be!" Grace toasted, raising her glass.

"To Sapphire!" everyone echoed, clinking their glasses together.

I smiled, feeling a warmth spread through me. "Thank you, guys. This means so much to me."

Later, as the night wore on and we moved to a quieter corner of the bar, Grace pulled me aside. "Sapph, are you okay? You seem a bit... distracted."

I forced a smile. "I'm fine, Grace. Just a lot on my mind with the wedding and everything."

She looked at me sceptically but didn't push further. "Alright, but if you ever need to talk, you know I'm here."

"I know," I said, giving her a hug. "Thanks, Grace."

Meanwhile, Alessia had her own bachelorette party, organised by Ella. She invited the other half of the Lionesses and our Arsenal teammates. From the photos and videos I saw later, it looked like they had an amazing time, too. They went to a fancy club, where they danced the night away, surrounded by friends and laughter.

The next day, Alessia came home, still glowing from the fun night out. "We had such a blast, Saph!" she said, showing me the pictures. "Ella and the girls really went all out."

"Looks like it," I said, smiling despite the pang of unease in my chest. "I'm glad you had fun."

She kissed me, her eyes sparkling with happiness. "I can't wait for our wedding, love. It's going to be perfect."

"Yeah," I agreed, hugging her tightly. "Perfect."

As we continued to plan and prepare, I kept pushing down the doubts and fears. I told myself that maybe things would change, that once we were married, everything would fall into place. But deep down, I knew that the shadow of betrayal would always linger.

The vineyard in Italy was booked, the invitations were sent, and the final preparations were underway. The countdown to our wedding had begun, and I was determined to make it the best day of our lives, even if it meant keeping my heartbreak hidden.

Alessia's POV:

The bachelorette party had been a whirlwind of fun. Ella really knew how to throw a party. We danced, laughed, and celebrated the upcoming wedding. But as much fun as I had, there was always that nagging guilt at the back of my mind, the secret I was keeping from Sapphire.

But today, as I showed Sapphire the pictures and saw her smile, I pushed the guilt aside. This was our time, and I was going to make sure it was everything we dreamed of.

"We're going to have the most amazing wedding, Saph," I said, kissing her cheek.

"I know," she said, hugging me back. "I can't wait."

As we cuddled on the couch, talking about the final details of the wedding, I felt a flicker of hope. Maybe, just maybe, everything would turn out alright.

No one's POV:

The countdown to the wedding continued, with Sapphire and Alessia each managing their own anxieties and hopes. Friends and family rallied around them, helping with the final preparations. The vineyard was set, the guests were excited, and everything seemed to be falling into place for the big day.

But beneath the surface, secrets and doubts simmered, threatening to disrupt the carefully constructed facade of happiness. The stage was set for a beautiful wedding, but the question remained: would love and trust prevail, or would the shadows of betrayal cast a pall over their future together?