29 | Arranged Date (§) but hot

A/N: You might want to read with data on because I insert photos to help you visualise their looks, enjoy.

Janis's POV
Dad gave me the location to Ms. George house around here, I think... But seeing how enormous her house is makes me feel small somehow.

How did I even get a date with this gorgeous woman? I know Mr. George is Dad's close friend when they were young, but I didn't know that his friend is so well like this. It makes me nervous just looking at myself.

I take a look at my photo this morning before I drive here and compare it to Ms.George photo I got from Dad.

Well that's my cat's bum

And this is the person I'm meeting today

Oh my God, I should leave. I'm so embarrassed. What do I even talk about when I eat with her later, she's a businesswoman, and I'm merely making my ends meet!

"Miss Janis? Is that you? I didn't recognise you look so different compared to the photo I received." I turn around on my feet, almost regretting my failed attempt at fleeing and gather myself to meet the woman. I was sure I was gonna get all funny and embarrass myself but seeing the person before me right now does not make me feel in any way that.

She's just like me, with her messy hair in a bun and crumpled tee. Looks like lunch's ready, but I did not expect her to cook. "That smells nice..." I thought out loud. "Yeah, I just finished cooking. Please, make yourself at home." She opens the door for me and waits as I step inside, guiding me to the living room and asks me to wait for her. "I'm gonna change real quick, I'm so sorry for the mess." She chuckles softly and made her way up.

I look around and place my bag on the couch before trailing my feet to the kitchen. What mess? If a few cushions not placed in its rightfully place is a mess, then I'm living in a shithole because she really makes this place a home. But something just feels void around here, when I walk around her house something just feels missing. It feels rather lonely considering how big of a house this is and in my knowledge she's living alone.