35 | Request! Too Sweet For Me ( Angourie Rice x Reader )

A/N: Hey folks! OMGGG, i just have this idea, combining it with our fellow reader here that commented for a request, so here you go honey! I hope it's good in your eyes, please enjoy it!!!

Love you guys!

I wasn't available for the event Angourie invited me to congratulate the casts and staff of the Mean Girls set, their hard works for the past few weeks are gonna pay off when the movie hits the cinema and we know it.

But again, no matter how happy it makes her and the rest of the casts at the event, I know some parts of her are pissed as hell due to the fact that I couldn't attend the event as her plus one. Oh cut me some slack!

I know they don't wanna be there for just some champagne and jazz music, Angourie might like it but I'm quite sure the rest of them do not.

"I have a gig that night, what am I suppose to do? Leave my band to perform without their singer? That's insane!" She stands by the couch, piercing her doe eyes at me, not scary but cute.

"But I already told you about this event three weeks ago, by then, you didn't have anything scheduled, did you!" Of course, it's my fault isn't it? But it is kinda my fault.

She was right and I couldn't argue anything about it, I have nothing to defense myself with.

"For God's sake, find a real job, Y/N!" She scrams away from the living room, heading to our bedroom and slamming the door behind her.

"That's rich coming from you!"

"Hell it is!" Where am I even standing on this, she is an actress and I'm barely making my ends meet.

"Hey listen, baby... I would really love to spend time with you there but..." She knows why I rarely accept her requests to such events. This happened before and we both didn't like the conversation we had after the party.

"I don't fit with your people, you go okay? You're the main cast, Reneé will be there, you won't feel alone..." As I lean my head against the door that's locked from inside, I hear sighing coming closer to the door.

"What time will you be performing later?" She opens the door and meet my eyes, and I take my chance quickly to stroke her arms.

"It'll be around 10 p.m. can you make it?" Putting my hopes up, my eyes brighten shortly before they are erased by her dull response to my question.

"I can't, it'll interrupt my sleeping schedule." What the hell? "It is just one night, Angourie... One night. Can't you at least– you know what, have your beauty sleep. I'm gonna go."

Grabbing my coat from the hook wall, I rush to the door and close the door behind me gently. As much as I am disappointed, I won't show any violence in her house or in front of her. I should be her safe place, a home to her.

But as for now, I'm not even sure what I am to her anymore.

It's almost 23:00, just half an hour to go and we will be done, we are supposed to play until midnight, but we decided to just do a fun karaoke tonight and go along with whatever song comes in mind.

They understand how I feel, especially seeing how hopeful I am tonight, waiting for my girlfriend to at least try and make it to our gig but there isn't a sight of her anywhere.

"We want more! We want more! We want more!" Listening to those cheers, I take another shot from the bar and hop on the stage once again. "Tell us, what's playing on your mind?" Said Lyn, my guitarist. "Well..."