Back to School

Your generous payment allotted you an earthen bungalow with a beautiful forest view and no roommate.

"This is beautiful!" You glowed as Tighnari lingered by your front door. You peeked out your window at the small growing plot available and untended. "Would you be willing to direct me to the market? I'd like to start a garden."

"Sure! I'll take you. Do you need any help moving in?"

"No, no. I don't really have anything. I assume I'll get a uniform shortly."

"Ah. Right. We can stop by to get you one on our way back." He waved you along to follow him.

You beamed as you joined him down the path toward the market. "Thank you."

"Do you forage at all?" He asked. "Or camp?"

"Oh yes!" You chirped.

"A few of us from the bio program are going out to the forest for a few nights next week if you would like to join us."

"Really??"

He laughed. "Not used to being around people with shared interests, are you?" He teased kindly.

------------

It didn't take long for Wriothesley to reach out to you. He told you about his vision, and a little about how life was down in the fortress, always stressing that it 'wasn't too bad.' He shared that he was working on a pair of gauntlets as something to tinker with in his free time. You purchased a few mechanical engineering books for him and carefully packaged them along with your letter and a collection of teas. You and the biology students had dried and blended the teas together as a break from study sessions.

You had a second letter for Crepus, too, just to say hi, and ask if he'd finally asked Maria on a date.

You stopped by the mailroom after class. "Back again, Y/n?" The student who worked the sorting greeted you with a wave as they made their way over to the counter.

You smiled. "I have a few more letters and packages to send." You placed them on the counter.

"Well, your timing is perfect. A package just arrived express for you from Mondstadt. I was about to send a notice out to you."

"A package?" Your eyes twinkled.

"You know, it would be easier to get ahold of you if you would use an akasha terminal..." You would continue to decline the earpiece indefinitely. They slid you the large package and you opened the letter immediately.

For Y/n, our diligent and brilliant student.

Best of luck on your exams. Come visit soon.

C.R. + Diluc

You giggled, and appreciated the large crooked letters of Diluc signing his name. You opened the box of abundant pastries, many of which were made by Crepus, with Diluc's help, of course.

"Wow!" The mail attendant's mouth watered.

"Please, have some!" You pushed the box to her and explained what all the pastries were. "Personally, anything with marzipan in it is my favorite."

You spotted Tighnari on your way back home. "Tighnari!" You held the box over your head like a trophy. "I have snacks for study group!"

He chuckled as you caught up to him, but he looked a little under the weather. "You alright?" You placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Just, exam nerves." He said without looking at you.

You tipped your head at him. "Uh. You can say you don't want to talk about it, but let's not pretend that you wouldn't ace these exams without studying, alright? If you're going to lie, pick something more convincing."