International Affairs

Conveniently, as you stalked Mr. Ragnvindr, you watched him enter the club immediately next to your home. Inconveniently, that was also where you'd been told the Snezhnayans had settled in once they'd arrived.

Oh good.

You ducked into your home to quickly change outfits. The fishnets and cancan skirt certainly concealed your identity compared to your usual attire, but the lace eye mask didn't hurt for extra anonymity. You strapped the poison pins you crafted that afternoon into your corset.

You'd fit right in.

You nodded to the bouncer outside, lifting your mask briefly when he stopped you. "Madame?" He asked with a surprised crack in his voice.

"Are the Snezhnayan's still in the pools downstairs?" You asked shortly.

"Oui. Madame."

"I may need your help escorting them out. Send for a few carriages, please." You passed him and descended to the VIP room downstairs.

"Oui- Madame-"

The club had 3 levels of different entertainment. The basement was lit exclusively by blue and red light, with saltwater pools available for private reserve. The humid air smelled of salt, champagne, and roses. You glanced between the pools in the quiet underground. You heard small gasps and moans here and there, and low musings, but did not see any of the men you were looking for.

Shit.

You took the stairs in the back to the main floor. Smoke from clove cigarettes fragranced the low lit room in a haze. Jazz poured into the space from the stage. You once again scanned the floor to no avail, moving swiftly through the room with pleasant smiles and giggles as you accepted a cigarette, which you lit yourself as you neared the stairs.

"Where you hiding that Pyro Vision, honey?" One of the men asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know..." You flirted back with a pout. You lit his cigarette for him before you left the room. Your façade dropped as you reached the stairs.

The energy of the top floor was electric. The base pounded the hearts of the dancers in the flashing multicolor lights. The tech students who created the music were having the time of their lives at the front of the packed crowd. The Snezhnayans did little to blend in, but clearly were not expecting the interest they received from the Fontainian women on the dance floor, intrigued by the broad stature, strong brow, and stoic expression.

A drunk woman crashed into one of the large mobsters. "Woah. You look like you're reaaaaally good at chopping wood." She slurred as she looked him up and down, then giggled.

"... what?" He asked in disbelief.

"Pavel! We have a job!" Their leader called to him.

"Fuck the job, man. I'm going to move here and chop wood for this woman."

"PAVEL!"

She put her hand on his chest. "What language is that? It sounds hot...." She slurred again.

Sovereigns. They sent a bunch of low-level inexperienced soldiers on this job? They'll be killed... Ragnvindr has a reputation-

You followed the leader's line of sight to his other man, who was approaching a young Liyuan woman.

Oh fuck me. Who brought their fucking kid to an international-

"She's not who we're here for, Viktor." The leader tried to get at least one of his men back on target.

"Please. The prick's fucking the singer. He's not going anywhere." Viktor slurred as he leaned in over the teenager. "What's your name, hun?" He asked in his language.