Fairytale

You left Tighnari to finish up the cat operations at the fortress without you. You had an appointment you could not miss.

Your heels clicked on the marble floor of an abandoned and looted mansion on the other side of Fontaine.

"Priestess?" Arlecchino's voice echoed off the bare walls of a long hallway.

"So good to see you. And so kind of you to get me a gift." You greeted.

She led you to the cellar. "My pleasure."

The formerly rich man who was blindfolded and tied to a chair had pissed himself in his fear, though Arle only left him down there for a couple hours while she waited for you. "Bet you thought you escaped, didn't you?" You began to mock him.

"Please." He began to beg. "I still have a small fortune off-shore. It's yours, just please. Please let me go-"

Arlecchino spoke up, factual and composed, but furious nonetheless. "He purchased 3 of Wriothesley's siblings over the years. He has a preference for young ballerinas."

"Where are the young women now?" You asked.

He bowed his head defeated. "Please..."

Your voice was calm. Eerie. "What gives a monster like you the audacity to beg for your worthless life? Genuinely. I'm curious. I've lived a very long time, and yet I've never come close to understanding things like you."

"You're- you are the one called Priestess? I- I can repent for my sins. I can-"

"You only wish to repent now because you were caught." Your voice remained calm.

"I'm sorry- I- I'm sorry-" He stammered.

"Where are the girls?" You asked.

"... Two are d-dead-"

You kicked his chair over. He fell back hard, the wind knocked out of him.

Arlecchino stood in the corner with her arms crossed. "The third is now at the House of the Hearth."

"Thank you." You replied to her.

"Please... I'll turn myself in to the guards. I'll confess. I'll spend the rest of my life in the fortress."

You let out a low haunting laugh as you carefully burned off his blindfold. While you barely singed him, he yelped in panic. "No... no. You had your chance to turn yourself in to the authorities. To face the Iudex's justice. You failed to do so." His eyes darted around you. "Now, you will instead be subject to my judgment." You leaned over him. "And I... sentence you to death." Black and purple veins appeared down your arm as you pulled some of the residual abyssal serum from centuries ago to your darkened fingertips. "It will hurt." You whispered.

----

As Crepus and Tighnari waited for you to join them outside the nation's borders, Tighnari watched a Hilichurl fire in the distance along the road to Fontaine. Crepus noticed his tension. "We're fine. We're outside their territory." Crepus reassured.

Tighnari nodded.

"Was she- okay?" Crepus asked. "Underground?"

"Not at first." Tighnari admitted. "But I kept reminding her that if she was sent to the fortress, you and your colleagues would break her out in no time."

Crepus watched the road with his arms crossed. "That's a fact."

"It made her feel better. Distracted her a bit. I told her that moody one, I forget his name-"

"Scara." Crepus smirked.

"Yes! That one. He'd be a real nightmare. You and your orphanage friend would try diplomacy, briefly. But Scara would electro decommission each robotic guard beyond any dream of repair on his way to retrieve her."