Don't prod and probe

“The Universe is under no obligation
to make sense to you.”
– Neil deGrasse Tyson

Imagine you being a kid and God being your mother. Now, imagine she’s feeding you a sweet or something delicious. You like it very much. It’s so drool worthy. It’s exquisite. You simply can’t stop eating it.

But, your mother suddenly stops feeding you the sweet. She skips and provides alternate foods. You don’t understand. You were content and happy with the sweet. You can’t accept the change. Why mother did such an unfair thing to you? You wonder.

She gives the sweet again but in small quantities. One day she gives generously but the next day, she becomes a miser. She doesn’t explain her activities.

You are getting agitated and losing patience trying to decipher her actions to feed you with such an inconstant array of delicacies. Some you like, some you don’t.

Now, for the life lesson. This could easily be called the best lesson life could offer you. Yes. It answers so many unanswered questions of the heart and mind. Let us walk through the pedagogy.

Don’t doubt. It is your mother feeding you. So, it is special and it belongs to you. In life, those friends, lovers, family members that make you feel happy at heart are actually God’s gift for you. Food for your soul.

Don’t doubt whether it’s meant for you

Don’t doubt whether it’s meant for you. If it’s not meant for you, she’ll not feed you in the first place.

Next doubt, will it last? Why do you ask such a question to your mother?

She knows what’s best for you. Believe in her and never alter that core belief. She loves you unconditionally and cares for you more than you do.

She changes your favourite food’s quantity, routine and flavour to match your health. Yes, you are to have faith in her. She cares most about your well being. If any food is getting overdosed she changes certain entities to suit your health. She knows about your body and has a very good idea of what to feed it. You’re only aware of your taste buds. You have zero idea about your own body. So better leave things with the pro. Don’t ask questions. Whatever she feeds, enjoy every morsel with gratitude.

Don’t take food in your hand, interfering with your mother’s plans for you. You are a mischievous kid. You don’t want to understand what your mother’s intentions are. So, instead of waiting for her actions to feed you with that sweet as per her dosage, you stick out your hand, try to snatch some of it from her hands to eat.

Just like you trying to get extra out of a close person just because you like them so much. If God wants you to have them, you’ll have them. If not, then it’s a dead end. She wouldn’t want you to spoil your health.

So, she becomes a strict mother and snaps at you or even flick your tiny fingers and warn you not to become involved with the food taste. No attachment with food. Only the mother and her attachment are forever.

Asking for more and more of anything is not good

Asking for more and more of anything is not good. It’ll never land you in a proper state of mental health. It’ll ruin you. So, trust her and have whatever she’s providing you with an open mouth and a joyous smile. She knows what makes you happy. She knows what keeps you healthy.

So, just like food with different tastes, the soul needs changes to make it better.

Never question, never ask, never beg or cry, never doubt, never fret and pry, never regret, never let anything come between you and your mother.