chapter thirty-three

Though the Northmen had won a victory, they had not won the North back yet. It was back to focusing on the task at hand. The Starks and their peers sat around a long table discussing what was next in the war. Benjen Stark their cousin had another settlement close to Winterfell. This would be the last wall they needed to break through to get back home, but they needed more men.

"Your men are tired My King. Our supplies is beginning to run low, if the winter gets to us before we get to Winterfell we will spend another year dying in the cold." Lord Mormont spoke.

"We could again ask my brother to aid." Errick began, but he could barely speak before Cregan interrupted.

"Robb and his 'Winter Wolves' side with no one in this war. They will continue their selfish raiding on the land south, they have no care for us." Cregan said, frustrated Errick would even bring his brother up.

Robb Mormont was the eldest son of Lord Mormont, who worked alongside the King. Robb had created his own army of men when the war began. They calmed themselves the Winter Wolves, claimed to protect the people of the North but did nothing more than take care of themselves.

"Mayhaps he could be persuaded, with an offer." Errick went on. Cregan looked up at him and wondered what he meant.

"Riches is all he would want and we have none of that as long as my uncle has Winterfell." Cregan reminded him.

"The Princess Lyanna has a daughter, perhaps a marriage-" Before Lord Mormont could continue Lyannas voice shot up in protest.

"Are you going to propose I wed my daughter to Robb? Daella is just a child!" Lyanna spat, Aemond sat up by her side in support.

"No, gods not Robb, his wife only just passed. His son Karlon, he's just a few years older than the girl." Lord Mormont said. The room was silent and Lyanna just chuckled.

"Do you think I would marry my only daughter off to some boy she's never met? She will not suffer the same as I did. She will marry when it is time, she's still just a girl!" Lyanna said harshly, the group of men went silent. Aemond looked down, reminded that he was not Lyannas first choice.

"Then an arrangement for a future marriage. Have the boy live in Torrhens Square with the other children, let them grow up together and marry when its time. In exchange, Robb fights alongside our men." Cedric mentioned. Lyanna just frowned and watched as her brother thought about it.

"Cregan? You can not be thinking of doing this.." Lyanna said, worried for her daughter.

"We need the men Lya, do you have another idea?" Cregan asked as gently as he could.

"She is my only daughter.." Lyanna said, tears filling her eyes.

"Lyanna you must understand." Cregan began but Lyanna stood, slamming her fists on the table.

"It is you who must understand! I will not let Daella suffer the same as I did! She will have her freedom for as long as she wishes, even if that be forever!" Lyanna yelled across the table. Aemond twitched in his seat.

"You should not speak to your King like that girl!" Another Lord spoke. Lyannas eyes were wide as she turned to him.

"I, am the princess of Winterfell and you will address me as such, my lord." She hissed at him.

"Lyanna." Cregan said quickly before her anger grew even more. She turned back to her brother who sat tall in his seat. She was reminded that he was her superior, her King and not just her brother.

"My King." She said looking down.

"We will propose this to Robb, our personal wishes cannot get in the way of our ultimate goal. Which is taking back our home, you know this must be done." Cregan said, Lyanna stayed silent and just fiddled with her rings. Aemond watched her hands and let out a quiet sigh. "I want a raven sent to Robb, inviting him and his son to us immediately." He finished before standing at the table. "Let us be finished."