HER

"Larson! May gulo sa basketball court!"

Tamad akong bumaling sa babaeng estudyanteng humahangos. I lazily glanced around only to see that I was the only officer left inside the room. Nakaidlip lang ako ay wala na akong kasama. Without much choice, I stood up and immediately went with her.

"Sinu-sino ang mga nanggugulo?" I asked her as we made our way to the basketball court.

"Mga cool kids na nilamon ng action movies," nakangiwi niyang saad. "Nandoon din si tisay. Siya ata unang nanapak. Ayaw paawat."

My brows knotted. "Tisay?"

A girl? That tisay, whoever she is, started the fight?

"Iyong basagulerang laging pinapatawag sa guidance. Pero sobrang ganda. Kaya sila siguro nagpapasapak doon," bahagya niya akong nilingon. "Hindi mo siya kilala?"

"Why would I want to know her?"

She said it herself, basagulera si tisay. People like her should be avoided. They shouldn't praise her beauty alone if ugliness seeps through her actions. Hindi ba sila na-t-turn off sa kanya?

Nakaabot kami sa basketball court at saktong natumba ang isang lalaking estudyante sa sahig. Naghiyawan ang lahat na para bang nagugustuhan nila ang nangyayari. My eyes immediately looked for the one who knocked him down and instantly saw a... goddess.

Her long, dark brown hair swayed with her every movement as she landed another punch on the man about to hit her. The sun was touching her porcelain white skin, making her glow in radiance. Small face and delicate features, yet feisty, like an angel forced to be sent to fight in a war.

The movement she made to avoid a blow from her opponent caused her eye color to change. It was golden brown when the sunlight hit it, it turned green when she crouched and now that she was frowning it turned to ash—it was changing under different lighting.

She has... hazel eyes.

That's quite rare for a Filipino. Wait... is she part American? Looking intently at her made me answer my question quickly. Aside from her eye color, her fair complexion speaks for itself. May lahi siya.

"Steph! Akala ko ba nagtawag ka ng officer? Nasaan na?!" biglang bulalas ng babaeng lumapit.

"Ito na nga!" bumaling sa 'kin iyong Steph. "Hoy! Nandito ka para umawat, hindi para magmahal!"

I immediately went back to my senses. Was I staring at her for too long? Damn!

Shaking my head, I went near her, only to be almost knocked out! Grabe siya makiramdam! I was behind her yet she knew where to land her punches. Mukhang nagulat din siya nang makitang hindi niya ako kalaban kaya mabilis kong hinuli ang mga palapulsuhan niya.

I got to look at her up close and couldn't imagine how someone could look this... heavenly. She has big round eyes, thick and arched brows, an upturned nose, and bottom-heavy lips. She got all the best features, yet it matched well on her small oval-shaped face.

Her facial harmony is insane!

"Bitawan mo ako! Tangina!" pagpupumiglas niya. "Gago ka! Sapakan na lang tayo, oh?!"

My mouth parted upon hearing the words that came out of her mouth. Is she a fallen angel? Ilang malulutong pagmumura pa ang nabitawan niya pero bakit... hindi ko iyon napapansin? I should be turned off right?

Right?!

Beads of sweat fell on her pinkish cheeks as she tried to get my grip away. I only held on to it tighter. I want to curse myself for realizing that I don't want to let her go. Dumating ang iilang kong kasamahan at hinawakan nila ang mga nakalabanan ni tisay.