139. Vaidehi's Past

3500+ Words

3500+ Words.

Do hit the star ⭐ button. And add this novel to your library or reading list.

Please do leave a follow so you get notified about all the announcements or updates and leave your precious comment as you read the chapter. Your comments mean a lot to me.🥺 So don't be shy, just comment your thoughts. 💭

_____________________________

Vaidehi was scared. She didn't want to meet the Daivik’s family right now. Until she revealed everything about her past to him, she couldn't meet his family. She made a decision in her mind and walked out of the room. She went straight to the kitchen because she knew Daivik would be making breakfast at this time. She said, "Daivik!"

Hearing Vaidehi's voice, Daivik turned towards her and said, "Yup, Ms. Beauty! Any special request?"

Vaidehi took a deep breath and finally clenched her fists and said, "I... I'm not what you think I am. I can't meet your family."

Ignoring Vaidehi's refusal, Daivik stopped chopping vegetables. He asked her, "What do you mean?"

Vaidehi didn't want to remember her past. But it was necessary to tell her truth to Daivik. So, she closed her eyes and said, "Please... tell your Dadi that we can't come today. Today, I want to... I want to take you somewhere. And I want to tell you some things that are very important for you to know."

Seeing Vaidehi's words and her behavior, Daivik also became concerned for her. He said, "Alright."

He took out his phone and called Dadi. On the other end, Dadi exclaimed, "Yeah, Beta? When are you bringing my daughter-in-law home? Look, I've even wore my favorite saree for her welcome."

Upon hearing Dadi’s words, Daivik looked at Vaidehi and said, "Dadi! We... we won't be able to come today."

Dadi immediately said, "What nonsense are you talking? I've made all the arrangements for my daughter-in-law's welcome. And you're saying you won't come today?"

Daivik felt bad for breaking Dadi’s expectations, but Vaidehi's words were more important to him than his Dadi’s expectations at the moment. So, he said, "Dadi! There's an important meeting at the company this evening. So, I'm a bit busy."

Dadi said with annoyance, "Alright, you focus on your meeting. Send my daughter-in-law. Then you can come even ten days later."

Daivik said, "Dadi! Vaidehi is my assistant. I need her in the office. We'll come some other time. Try to understand."

Upon hearing the serious tone of Daivik, Dadi also felt that the matter was serious. So, she said, "Alright then. But both of you take care. Don't lose yourselves in work."

Daivik replied, "Yup, Dadi! Goodbye."

Then he hung up the call. Later, he called in the office and asked to cancel all his meetings. Vaidehi asked in shock, "Why did you cancel the meetings?”