140. Who's this girl?

4000+ Words

4000+ Words.

Do hit the star ⭐ button. And add this novel to your library or reading list.

Please do leave a follow so you get notified about all the announcements or updates and leave your precious comment as you read the chapter. Your comments mean a lot to me.🥺 So don't be shy, just comment your thoughts. 💭

________________________

Niskarsh held Sharanya's belly close and said, "I have already started waiting for you. Come into our arms quickly."

Sharanya smiled at his words. She said, "What are you doing? Baby can't even hear us yet."

Niskarsh got up and sat down, saying, "No. Our baby can hear us. Just as we can feel her, she can feel us too."

Today Sharanya was very happy. And so was Niskarsh. Today was the biggest day of their lives. In just a few days, a little life would be in their hands. Sharanya rested her head on Niskarsh’s shoulder.

Meanwhile, Vaidehi had stopped crying now. She was just staring towards that bed. Daivik still held her in his arms. He said, "Vaidehi! Where is he now? Your... your uncle? I'll make him disappear from this world right away. Tell me."

Vaidehi said, "He's not in this world."

Daivik said in astonishment, "What do you mean?"

Vaidehi said, "When all this happened, after that, Chacha's behavior changed. Until Chachi returned, Chacha didn't come home. I didn't tell Chachi anything because she never believed me. Everything gradually returned to normal, except for me. I could never forget that night. My life was ruined that night. I stopped smiling. I started hating myself. Chacha never did anything like that again, but his eyes... I can never forget those eyes. In those eyes, there was lust for me that never ended. Two years ago... we found out that... that Chacha has cancer. And it reached the last stage. I got a new job. We needed almost fifty lakhs for his operation. We managed to gather ten lakhs from somewhere. But where would we get such a large amount as forty lakhs? Chachi... Chachi spread her sari in front of me... begged me to arrange those forty lakh rupees from anywhere. And then I had to ask you for forty lakh rupees to save that person's life who ruined my life."

Daivik tightened his grip on Vaidehi. Why has God made girls so weak at heart? Why can't they choose themselves leaving everything behind? Daivik was getting angry. He asked, "When the arrangement of all the money was done, how did that man die?"

Vaidehi said, "His dead body came out of the operation theater. The doctors couldn't save him. After his death, Chachi’s mental health was not okay. She was kept in a mental hospital for a year. And just a few months ago... she also passed away. There was no one here for me. So I left this house forever and started living there by taking an apartment. My past is no longer relevant, but the past is like a dark shadow embedded in me, from which I cannot escape."