143. A Lost home

QOTD : "Favourite tropes?"

4000+ Words.

Do hit the star ⭐ button. And add this novel to your library or reading list.

Please do leave a follow so you get notified about all the announcements or updates and leave your precious comment as you read the chapter. Your comments mean a lot to me.🥺 So don't be shy, just comment your thoughts. 💭

__________________________

Daivik folded his arms, saying, "Didn't I select the your outfit? So, I deserve a thank you too, right? Say thank you."

Divya retorted, "Oh hello! When did you select it? Bhabhi made the selection. And I've already thanked her, okay?"

Daivik chuckled, as if mocking Divya. He turned to Vaidehi and said, "See, she's never thankful to anyone."

Now, what would Vaidehi say? She was caught between these two and was enjoying the cute fight between these siblings. She just kept smiling. Divya quickly made a point, "Dev bhai! How could you say that? I know how to express gratitude."

Daivik responded, "You didn't thank me, though."

Divya retorted, "Who thanks brothers?"

Daivik raised an eyebrow, "Oh really? Who thanks brothers…?? You.."

Vaidehi, now irritated, said in a slightly louder voice, "Stop it, both of you. Are you fighting like kids?"

Divya immediately pointed at Daivik, "Bhai started it."

But Daivik also pointed at Divya and said, "No. Devu started it."

Vaidehi took a deep breath and said, "Enough. I started it. Happy now? Divya, aren't you getting late?"

Divya hastily said, "Yes, yes. I need to go quickly. Bhai has stuck me in a fight."

Daivik grabbed her, "You..."

But by then, Divya had already rushed to the bathroom. Vaidehi held Daivik's hand and said, "Daivik! What are you doing? She's just a kid. Don't you have to go to the office?"

Something seemed to click in Daivik's mind. He said, "Oh yeah. I can't find my watch. That's why I came here looking for you. Let's go."

Vaidehi, accompanying him, said from Divya's room, "It's right there outside."

Daivik exclaimed, "I can't find it, Yaar! And aren't you supposed to get ready? Do we have to go to the company or not?"

Vaidehi replied, "Yes, we do. Give me just ten minutes."

Then they both returned to their rooms. Vaidehi picked up the watch lying near the mirror and handed it to Daivik, saying, "Maa is right! I've taken the responsibility of a careless child. It was right in front of you, still you couldn't see it."