╎009

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟎𝟗 』──═✿═──━『 abilities 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟎𝟗 』
──═✿═──
━『 abilities 』

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

The next morning had come and gone in a blur of hurried preparations and travel. Before I knew it, night had fallen once more—the blue and silver shades thrown across the landscape. Yamato had used his Wood Style Jutsu to construct a sturdy two-story house we would camp in for the night. It was impressive, easily blending into the surrounding forest.

Inside, we crowded around Yamato as he outlined our plan. "I got Sasori's file from Sunagakure, but it'd be good if you could fill in the blanks about his personality, speech patterns, anything like that, mannerisms, or habits," he said, looking at Sakura. "After all, you're the only one here who's gone toe-to-toe with him."

Curious, and with a bit of impatience, he turned to ask, "Why do you need to know all that for?"

Yamato replied, "The Akatsuki spy who infiltrated the ranks of Orochimaru will link up with Sasori at Tenchi Bridge. Well, they might catch me right away, but I'm gonna try and approach them disguised as Sasori."

Sai piped up, detached, in a clinical tone: "Spy work is pretty risky, so your target's gonna have their guard up, of course."

"True," Yamato nodded, "and since there's a slight possibility this might be an Akatsuki trap, I've accounted for that possibility as well. Therefore, I will approach first and alone. The three of you, wait until I signal you."

"There was an Akatsuki spy in Suna, too," Sakura began with a voice that held no urgency, yet was serious as she sat down on the floor. "Sasori mentioned it just before he died, so I don't think it's a lie."

"The spy is probably really strong and accomplished, too," I added, leaning my head against the wooden wall, feeling the cool texture of the wood against my skin.

"Yeah? Well, so are we," Naruto said as he sat beside me with confidence.

Yamato nodded at Naruto's determination and began explaining the mission from A to Z: "Our one and only goal is a live capture. The target must not be killed or injured, no matter what. Even if it means that we have to fight them. If they are killed, we lose our only source of intelligence. Thus, this mission is even harder than a simple takedown."

He paused, making sure we were all watching. "This is a delicate situation, and it's got to go off without a hitch. While you four act as backup, I'll go ahead myself and try to capture the target. If my disguise is penetrated, and it is discovered I'm not Sasori, a battle will likely ensue. Then, and only then, do you shift into combat mode, entering on my signal alone."