╎012

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟏𝟐 』──═✿═──━『 Reunion 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟏𝟐 』
──═✿═──
━『 Reunion 』

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

"Lord Orochimaru." Kabuto said slowly, his tone full of caution.

"I know we are being followed," Orochimaru responded, an undercurrent of menace running through his voice.

"It could just be pursuit, or it could be a trap," Kabuto said, flicking his gaze back toward Sai as we kept bounding through trees. "How do you suggest we proceed?"

"Either way, I believe a corpse is in order," Orochimaru hissed, a malevolent glint in his eyes. "Wouldn't you agree, Kabuto?"

"Of course, Lord Orochimaru," Kabuto hummed with satisfaction, a cruel smile playing on his lips.

We stopped in a hidden glade. Under Orochimaru's instructions, we quickly made a replica body of Sai. Using my knowledge of medicine, I contributed to creating the appearance of being lifeless, checking every single detail. The doll was hung by the neck with a rope, dangling from a tree branch, swaying gently in the wind.

We had barely taken a step back to admire the handiwork when Orochimaru's eyes gleamed with appreciation. "This should slow them down," Kabuto muttered, dark satisfaction rampant in his tone.

Our grim task complete, we forged deeper into the forest. Every rustling of leaves, every snapping of twiggy branches set me on edge. I turned a glance toward Kabuto, who seemed eerily calmed-in his mind, Orochimaru's plans would be perfect.

"They have stopped," I said, sensing our pursuers' hesitation at the grisly scene that was left behind.

"""Our trick worked?" Orochimaru hummed, with a note of satisfaction in his voice.

"We can never be too careful," Kabuto replied while his gaze explored the trees for any signs of pursuit.

"But I must say, as per usual, it was brilliant work, Kabuto," Orochimaru complimented.

"I owe it all to you, Lord Orochimaru," Kabuto replied, his tone dripping with a disturbing reverence. "Which reminds me," he added, turning back to regard Sai, "can we have that child help us with the experiments? When he's not too busy relaying information to Danzo, of course."

"Hmph, do what you like," Orochimaru said, suddenly bored. Obviously, he was interested in something else. His mind was always running a few steps ahead of everyone else, making plans.

Kabuto locked onto me then, his expression calculating. "What about Misaki?" he asked, curiosity creeping into his voice.

"Absolutely not. I am not staying," I replied quickly, my tone firm and resolute. I wouldn't be another one of Orochimaru's pawns, not now, not ever.