╎018

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟏𝟖 』──═✿═──━『 help 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟏𝟖 』
──═✿═──
━『 help 』

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

A soft-beating, wing-flapping bird entered the window and dropped in front of me most gracefully. I looked at the small hawk, mesmerized by its grace, until my attention was drawn to the scroll attached to his leg. With trembling hands, I unraveled it carefully, as a feeling of trepidation crept over me. Only a while ago, I had feared for my life, unsure of what awaited me in my own home.

I opened the scroll and read the sender's name; my eyes grew wide in surprise, incredulity. It was from Sasuke.

Editors/Proof readers needed for every round. Sign up NOW

Misaki,

How are you? Do you feel any better with the upgraded medication?

U.S.

My mind was a mix of emotions as it digested what the letter said. Sasuke had finally contacted me after all these years of silence – in letters. I nodded to thank the bird. The job was done. The letter dropped to the floor.

In an instant surge of urgency, I scrambled to my feet again. My heart pounded in my chest, and my curse mark hurt more than ever, throbbing to the very core of my existence.

I hastened through the dimly lit streets of Konoha, my footsteps echoing in the silent night. I pushed myself harder, and a wave of dizziness set in. Suddenly, my vision began to blur and my steps fumble. I lurched, catching myself against the rough texture of the wall at hand with short, ragged gasps. The pain in my curse mark had worsened, pulsing as if with some incessant brutality that threatened to consume me.

Desperate to get to my destination, I kept moving on—my body protesting at every step, yet my will overcoming those protests. Every step, the world whirled out of control in a fight to remain upright as I struggled with reining in pain that just would not abate, always there to remind me of the darkness that was in me and threatened to consume me at any moment.

And then, just as I reached the threshold of the Hokage Building, my strength gave out, and everything went black. The last thing that I felt was the cold embrace of the pavement beneath before darkness claimed me, pulling me into its depths with a merciless grip.

My eyes flickered open, and everything blurred for a second. The sterile white of the hospital room sharpened, joined by the soft beeping of machines. I was groggy as I tried to piece together what happened. The last thing that I remembered was the burning pain of the curse mark, my world one of consummate confusion.

I groggily sat up, wincing as the wave of dizziness washed over me. As my vision finally cleared, I met a pair of concerned blue eyes, wide with relief and worry. Naruto. His presence was like a beacon in my disoriented state.