╎032

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟐 』──═✿═──━『 Truth and insanity 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟐 』
──═✿═──
━『 Truth and insanity 』

━ 𝓊𝓏𝓊𝓂𝒶𝓀𝒾 𝓃𝒶𝓇𝓊𝓉𝑜 ━
(flashback)

I was lost in thought when I felt a sharp shake and turned to see that Sakura had grabbed my cheeks with her face inches from mine. "Are you stupid, Naruto?" she yelled, frustration in her voice. "Of course not if she's acting like that!"

I blinked, trying to process her words, but before I could say anything, she smacked the back of my head. "Ow! Sakura, what was that for?" I protested, rubbing the sore spot.

"For being dense!" she snapped. "You need to go find Misaki and talk to her. Whatever happened to her, she's obviously not okay and doesn't want to worry you, you need to fix it."

"But she—" I began, but Sakura cut me off.

"No buts, Naruto," she said with a firm tone, still holding my face with both her hands. "You love her, don't you? Then go to her. It can't end like this. She needs to know you care."

I glared at her, feeling a mix of gratitude and annoyance. Of course, she was right. I'd gotten so caught up in my feelings that I hadn't stopped to think how Misaki must be feeling with all this happening around her.

"Okay," I said, feeling determination set in. "I'll find her."

Sakura let me go and stepped back. A small smile was on her face. "Good. Now go."

I nodded and took off to a run, my heart pounding inside my chest. As I ran through the village, I was trying to find the right words to say to her. I couldn't let her suffer anymore; she has me. We had to work things out no matter how hard it might be.

──

(timeskip)

My shoulders sagged at the weight Misaki's words seemed to settle upon me. "But I love you, I love you so much, Misa, please, Misaki," I murmured, my words desperate for understanding.

Love.

The word hung suspended in the air between us, heavy with the weight of broken promises and dreams that had shattered. "Love isn't enough," she whispered, her voice cracking. "Not when trust is lost."

I remained speechless, my voice unable to pass my closed-up throat.

"Actions speak louder than words, Naruto," she said barely above a whisper, turning away not to meet my gaze. "As much as I want to hold on to the thought that you truly love me, I can't, not when you show Sakura the same amount of affection you show me. I let you have sex with me, multiple times, after spending that special time with me. We had each other. You let Sakura touch you?"