╎037

──────═✿═──────『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟕 』──═✿═──━『 Shut your mouth 』

──────═✿═──────
『 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝟎𝟑𝟕 』
──═✿═──
━『 Shut your mouth 』

━ 𝓊𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒽𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾 ━

By the time I arrived, the fight was almost over, to some extent to my chagrin. Madara informed me that they could use my help, but it seemed I had, once again, arrived too late. I stepped off and landed by Sasuke, who was holding the unconscious eight-tailed jinchuriki.

"I came on the orders of Madara to assist in the mission, but it seems you have taken care of things on your own," I said, as I got their attention.

Sasuke and Jugo both turned to face me. The tensile in Sasuke's eyes had sharpened. "Sister," he said first, taking the time to address me by name before smoothly going on, "Misa, what are you doing here?"

"Madara didn't mention it to you this morning?" I sighed. "I defected, Sasuke. I'm not returning to the Leaf. But never mind that, we should return."

Sasuke nodded. "Right."

"I'll heal your wounds properly later. It seems the red-haired girl has not been doing her job.".

You seem very physically affected, Sasuke," Jugo observed, flicking his eyes over the injuries. "Especially considering that in addition to no longer having Orochimaru's curse mark, you haven't fully recovered from your battle against Itachi."

Sasuke nodded, his face showing the stress. "Yeah, though I really didn't expect we'd have such a fight on our hands. But now." He trailed off, a shadow crossing his features. "Never mind. Speaking about curse marks, Misa, do you use yours?"

"Before Orochimaru's death, he unsealed mine," I replied. "I used it before but lost control quite often, if memory serves me right."

My mind wandered with the incantations, still there on my arm and hand. They haven't healed yet; then, I continued to not listen to Orochimaru's warning and picked at the dried blood. Not deliberately but because of worry, my body was doing so unconsciously.

Sasuke plopped down onto a rock and let the Jinchuriki fall beside him, exhaling in agitation. His weariness now showed in every movement he had, to which I couldn't help but feel a small jolt of concern.

"Maybe we should rest a bit," Jugo suggested, his eyes worried for our leader.

"No," Sasuke said, firm. "We're close enough to the meeting point."

I sighed, tired from the journey and drenched from what it had done to me, even when I did almost nothing. My stomach growled, reminding me how long ago my last meal was. I lifted my eyes to the sky; soft shades of sunlight cast a peaceful glow over the village hidden in the Clouds.